Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
xman03
Participant

CPX exam certification

Hello, I am trying to find out if Check Point is again offering the extended certification for taking your exam at CPX like they have done in years past. I can't find anything on it for New Orleans, and from what I heard it was not possible to take the CCSM exam in person at Las Vegas last year. If anyone has the answer to if I can take my CCSM in New Orleans and it be valid for 3 years, I would greatly appreciate it.

8 Replies
Chris_Atkinson
Employee Employee
Employee

From memory last year at CPX you could extend your certification by 6-months if you participated in the Cyber Range.

@shay_solomon may know if this will be continued again this year.

CCSM R77/R80/ELITE
0 Kudos
shay_solomon
Employee
Employee

Indeed. You can do that as well in CPX 360 2020. Join our CloudGuard Cyber Range. 

Regards, 

Shay

0 Kudos
xman03
Participant

This specifically is what I am referring to:
https://pages.checkpoint.com/cpx360-certification-las-vegas.html

If it's not available no big deal; it's time for me to take the next exam and figure if I can get an extra year out of it then it would be worth my time to take it at CPX.

0 Kudos
Toni_Ponder
Employee
Employee

Certification exam delivery will not be offered at CPX360 in 2020.

If you are attending CPX360, stop by the Training & Certification booth at the EXPO.  We will have a promotion code for exams.

Thanks,
Toni Ponder

xman03
Participant

Got the code, but it doesn't seem to be valid. The Asia and Europe equivalents seem to be good, but not for customers in the US. Any ideas?
0 Kudos
Daniel_Taney
Advisor

In regards to the Extensions of Certifications for CPX attendance, I did both the Cyber Range and the Day-After Training. It was my understanding that one, or both, of those events would extend your highest level certification. However, the E-Mail addressed used for my conference reservation was not the same as the one containing my certifications. 

This caused confusion last year, and it looks like I actually never got my extension(s) from CPX 2019. Who would be the best resource to contact to attempt to make sure this doesn't happen again this year?

Thanks!

R80 CCSA / CCSE
0 Kudos
shay_solomon
Employee
Employee

Please email me shay_sol@checkpoint.com and we will handle the case.
Toni_Ponder
Employee
Employee

certification exam delivery was not offered at CPX360 2020. Thanks Toni Ponder
0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events