Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mfugate
Explorer
Jump to solution

Building Lab for CCSA 81.20 and I can't browse to the Virtual Firewall

Hi:

I am using VMware Workstation 17 to build a Lab. I am using Check_Point_R81_20_T631. I can ping and trace to the firewall address, I see the proper ARP table entry in the PC and the FW, but I can't browse to the GUI interface. Fiddler shows... [Fiddler] The connection to '10.2.2.130' failed. <br />Error: ConnectionRefused (0x274d). <br />System.Net.Sockets.SocketException No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it 10.2.2.130:443. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You

Marlin

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Please refer to the Release Notes for the minimum hardware requirements (applicable to VM): https://sc1.checkpoint.com/documents/R81.20/WebAdminGuides/EN/CP_R81.20_RN/Content/Topics-RN/Open-Se...

The fact you installed the system with only 80GB of disk is likely responsible for the behavior you are seeing.
Create a new VM with the appropriate amount of disk space.
For a standalone gateway, 200GB should be more than sufficient in a small lab.
This should allow you to apply JHFs and perform future upgrades if needed.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

What resources did you allocate to the VM (disk space, cores, RAM)?
If they are below the minimum requirements specified in the Release Notes for Open Server, you may have issues.

0 Kudos
mfugate
Explorer

Hi:

8G Ram, 2CPU, 80G disk

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

I built few in eve-ng on R81.10 and R81.20 with 6 GB ram and they work fine. I would say min 8 is recommended for optimal performance.

Andy

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Please refer to the Release Notes for the minimum hardware requirements (applicable to VM): https://sc1.checkpoint.com/documents/R81.20/WebAdminGuides/EN/CP_R81.20_RN/Content/Topics-RN/Open-Se...

The fact you installed the system with only 80GB of disk is likely responsible for the behavior you are seeing.
Create a new VM with the appropriate amount of disk space.
For a standalone gateway, 200GB should be more than sufficient in a small lab.
This should allow you to apply JHFs and perform future upgrades if needed.

the_rock
Legend
Legend

If its the fw, run fw stat and if it shows initial policy, just run fw unloadlocal and try again. Mind you, with initial policy, since web UI is on port 443, it should let you connect. Make sure network settings on VMware are correct, that also could be another culprit.

Andy

_Val_
Admin
Admin

As @PhoneBoy mentioned, check your VM resources versus the minimal requirements. The described symptoms are consistent with a lack of resources. 

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events