Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AaronPW
Contributor
Jump to solution

Best path forward for Checkpoint training for new administrator with some experience

Hello.  I am a new Checkpoint administrator.  I have a background in Cisco, Barracuda, and FortiGate firewalls.  I have the NSE4 for FortiGate.  My company wants me to get formal training on Checkpoint.  My background is I am managing 1550, 3600, and 6000 series gateways.  I have configured 1550 and 3600 series and deployed them and created and added them to clusters.  I'm currently creating and pushing policies to our existing units.  We are moving into using Checkpoint for SSL VPN as well, but that is not implemented. 

What is my best path forward for training?  Looking at the CCSA training I know there will be stuff in there valuable to learn, but would taking the CCSE class be a bad idea?  I do not necessarily need to get the cert for this job, but it would be a goal of mine.  I know I need to get the CCSA before the CCSE.  

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Timothy_Hall
Champion Champion
Champion

I teach both the CCSA and CCSE classes currently.  Based on your experience level and upcoming Mobile Access VPN deployment, I'd say the CCSE class would probably be appropriate.  But I think you'd definitely learn quite a few things from CCSA as well, and probably touch parts of the product you haven't seen yet.

Gateway Performance Optimization R81.20 Course
now available at maxpowerfirewalls.com

View solution in original post

6 Replies
the_rock
Legend
Legend

I would say CCSE class is your best bet, as thats literally 95% of what everyone involve with CP would do on daily basis. In the meantime, I would check out below, it has lots of great resources.

Andy

https://community.checkpoint.com/t5/Check-Point-for-Beginners/bg-p/check-point-for-beginners-2-0?fro...

CP youtube channel:

https://www.youtube.com/@checkpoint

Timothy_Hall
Champion Champion
Champion

I teach both the CCSA and CCSE classes currently.  Based on your experience level and upcoming Mobile Access VPN deployment, I'd say the CCSE class would probably be appropriate.  But I think you'd definitely learn quite a few things from CCSA as well, and probably touch parts of the product you haven't seen yet.

Gateway Performance Optimization R81.20 Course
now available at maxpowerfirewalls.com
AaronPW
Contributor

Thank you both for the info.  Much appreciated. 

the_rock
Legend
Legend

Welcome to the CP world and amazing community...we all work as a team here to help each other.

Have a nice weekend!

Andy

0 Kudos
AaronPW
Contributor

Well I'm swapping out CP tomorrow so how good my weekend goes depends on that.  You have a great weekend as well. 

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Just gotta be positive about things mate 😊

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events