cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
r1der
Advisor
Jump to solution

is_whitelist_domain_enable ?

When I'm saving our policy, this shows up next to the threat prevention policy. I'm not finding much information about this.

Has anyone seen this before, or what I should be looking for to fix this?

- is_whitelist_domain_enable: is_ok_for_whitelist_domain_look_for_any_at_global_tbl() returned false for services
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

R81.10, Take 79.

0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Recommend a TAC case to investigate: https://help.checkpoint.com 

View solution in original post

r1der
Advisor

TAC provided a fix and I'm no longer seeing the Info icon. 

View solution in original post

14 Replies
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Never ever seen that before, not in any R80 or R81 flavor at all. I did look for it in Guidbedit and nothing came up.

PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Recommend a TAC case to investigate: https://help.checkpoint.com 

r1der
Advisor

TAC provided a fix and I'm no longer seeing the Info icon. 

the_rock
Legend
Legend

Just curious, what was the fix?

Andy

0 Kudos
r1der
Advisor

Thanks @the_rock and @PhoneBoy. I will update back when I hear from TAC. 

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Let us know, Im super curious how it gets solved. I literally looked everywhere, as this was bugging me and cant find anything useful...sorry mate.

0 Kudos
Nik_Bloemers
Advisor
Advisor

Curious to see what the result from TAC is. I'm getting this message on multiple gateways as well now, but so far doesn't seem to impact anything (it also has like a blue 'informational' icon rather than a warning or error one.

0 Kudos
r1der
Advisor

TAC informed me there is a portfix (I think they meant postfix?) for it, and I am currently uploading cpinfo logs for it. Correct, there doesn't seem to be any impact to anything.

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

@r1der 

Just curious, when did you first notice this issue? I tried replicating this in my current R81.10 lab with same jumbo, newly built one as well and no success, it never comes up.

Andy

0 Kudos
r1der
Advisor

I only noticed it on take 79. However, it could've been on there before that. TAC informed me there is a portfix (think they meant postfix) for it that they'll provide after submitting further cpinfo details.

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

They definitely meant portfix : ). Either way, does not matter the terminology, as long as it fixes the problem. Portfix simply means fix installed on top of your existing jumbo. Be mindful of those things, as you may end up asking for new portfix every single time in the future there is an issue...just saying, something to keep in mind.

Jones
Collaborator
Collaborator

I'm also seeing the informational message. I'm on recommended JHF95 on R81.10, so it's not fixed maintrain. Do we need the portfix to get rid of the messages or can we just safely ignore it?

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Personally, if everything works, then I assume you could ignore it. But, to be on a safe side, maybe open TAC case and send them this post or @r1der  can confirm what was the fix they were given in order to resolve this issue.

Cheers,

Andy

0 Kudos
r1der
Advisor

@Jones per the notes on my case: 
"a private fix was provided to resolve this issue and requires a TAC case. 
fw1_wrapper_HOTFIX_R81_10_JHF_T79_560_MAIN_GA_FULL.tar - The fix will be installed on the SMS."

Based on R&D, this is an "unclear and unnecessary warning" that does not affect the functionality of the product.

I ended up uninstalling the fix because like @the_rock mentioned above, it will have to be ported over to the new Hotfixes.
So, you'd have to email TAC to upgrade to newer versions that has the fix. Otherwise you'd get a message "JHF Take XX is not allowed". 

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events