Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mark_Holmes
Explorer
Jump to solution

Mail Alert and Logging for IPS Protection

Hi,

Is it possible for a mail alert to be generated when a specific IPS protection is triggered, as well as logging it to the log?

We have SmartEvent R80 but otherwise a dedicated logging and management running R77.30. I'm not finding a clear answer that I can have both mail alerting and for it to be logged at the same time.

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Alejandro_Mont1
Collaborator

SmartEvent can accomplish this, you will need to launch the SmartEvent settings and policy legacy GUI. Once there create a custom event for the IPS protection you're interested in, and enable the protection to send an email alert. Install Event Policy and you're done. In addition to seeing the custom protection name in the Events database you will get an email alert. The SmartEvent admin guide should detail this further. Also your post states you're on R80, I'd make sure you have upgraded to R80.10.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Alejandro_Mont1
Collaborator

SmartEvent can accomplish this, you will need to launch the SmartEvent settings and policy legacy GUI. Once there create a custom event for the IPS protection you're interested in, and enable the protection to send an email alert. Install Event Policy and you're done. In addition to seeing the custom protection name in the Events database you will get an email alert. The SmartEvent admin guide should detail this further. Also your post states you're on R80, I'd make sure you have upgraded to R80.10.

Mark_Holmes
Explorer

Thanks Alejandro!

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events