Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Announcing CheckMates Pro!

PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin
55 25 19.6K

At CPX360 Las Vegas, we made a big CheckMates-related announcement: CheckMates Pro!

The purpose of the CheckMates Pro program is to reward our most active community members.

This is tracked through the use of points that are awarded for taking actions consistent with being an active community member.

This includes, but is not limited to:

• Originating content on CheckMates that people participate in (either like, comment, vote on, mark as helpful, etc)
    • You are given points for both originating the content and activity that occurs on it.
  • Tag content
  • Mark replies as helpful or correct
  • Follow a space or person
  • Share content
  • Being given badges/awards by other users

If you accumulate at least 250 points in a calendar year (tracked from the date you joined CheckMates), you can claim the following benefits:

• A one year evaluation license where you can learn about the power of Check Point Infinity first-hand in your lab
    • This is an extended version of the "All-in-one" Eval you can request through UserCenter today, enabling the ability to use most Security Gateway and Management products.
  • A quarterly meeting with Check Point R&D on a topic area of your choosing

Terms and Conditions:

• Must have earned at least 250 points per calendar year of membership on CheckMates.
  • Must reapply for benefit each year.
  • We reserve the right to modify the terms/conditions at any time.

If you qualify and wish to redeem this benefit, please email us at checkmates@checkpoint.com. Please include the User Center account # you wish to apply the benefit to. Requests can be submitted until April 1st

25 Comments
VCL001
Employee Alumnus
Employee Alumnus

Sounds like fun! Thanks Dameon

Gaurav_Pandya
Advisor

Hi Dameon,

This is really great initiative.

Russell_Walker
Participant

Great benefit for the community. Great job! 

Also you were great at CPX360 also.

EdesLC
Collaborator

Very good news. : )

Efthymios_Pante
Explorer

Good news..!!

Christian_Meye1
Explorer

Great Idea, thanks!

Kaspars_Zibarts
Employee Employee
Employee

Absolutely awesome!

Gregory_Welch1
Participant

I just learned about this.  This is great.  Thanks.  

Efthymios_Pante
Explorer

Thanks for sharing!!

Vladimir
Champion
Champion

Dameon,

Can you list the evals available under this program?

Thank you.

PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

When we were issuing these licenses, it was the standard "All-in-one" eval, which allows you to eval most gateway/management products.

We are not issuing these licenses currently, but may do so next year.

Vladimir
Champion
Champion

Ouch! I thought it was an ongoing program available at any time.

PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

It was intended as limited time promotion--one we may repeat next year.

Hugo_vd_Kooij
Advisor

I happen to know that some other vendors have program that qualifies engineers to get their own lab licenses to encourage hands-on experience and have a setup where you can wreck things. At the moment I have these for:

• Barracuda
  • Blue Coat (Symantec)
  • Trend Micro

This means I have a pretty loaded VMware server but I can tinker with setups as I please and try concepts or do simple replication of issues.

I think a similar program would benefit Check Point as well. So any engineer who updates her/his CCSE and works for a partner would be able to get a Demo license set for the term of the certification.

Gaurav_Pandya
Advisor

Good Idea..

Vladimir
Champion
Champion

I am in a complete agreement with you and would take it one step further: in addition to the free license, it should also carry a support contract, so that SRs could be raised on the issues discovered in the lab environments.

The more of those we'll get assistance with, the less production cases will be hitting TAC later on.

PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Good ideas here.

We are looking at relaunching the program in 2019, as I said.

It probably won't happen until after CPX is completed.

Olavi_Lentso
Contributor

Hi,

Do you have any further information by now, is the program going to be relaunched in this year?

Hugo_vd_Kooij
Advisor

my lab is running near the end of it's 1 year NFR by now. (12-MAR-2019)

Just curious if I have to go back to the 1 month renewal cycle.

PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

I suspect we'll re-announce this program once we get out of the blast zone of the community migration. Smiley Happy

Daniel_Taney
Advisor

I had the same question and am commenting mostly in the hopes of getting updates when additional responses get added to this thread Smiley Happy 

Hugo_vd_Kooij
Advisor

Just curious if there are any plans to renew this program.

Nick_Doropoulos
Advisor

How can we see how many points we have accumulated?

Daniel_Taney
Advisor

@PhoneBoy I was just wondering if you had heard any updates on whether or not this offering was "renewable" after our 1st year ran out?

Thanks!

PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Nothing at the moment @Daniel_Taney, I believe it is still under discussion.