cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Exonix
Advisor
Jump to solution

no network detected

Hi, we have RAS VPN on R80.40 configured. One user faces an issue: when he is connected via LTE (his laptop has internal modem) the CheckPoint VPN Client gives him an error: no network detected. Once the user switched to WiFi - everything works. What could be a problem?

MicrosoftTeams-image.png

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Exonix
Advisor

The user said, it works from time to time. So, this isn't CheckPoint issue. But it is good to know about IPv6. thank you!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

VPN clients such as ours attach to the network driver.
I'm guessing your LTE modem uses a network driver that we don't recognize or support.
In which case, you would get "no network detected" as there isn't a NIC it can utilize the right way.
You can try opening a TAC case, but I suspect this is an RFE. 

Chris_Atkinson
Employee Employee
Employee

Is the LTE connectivity IPv4 or IPv6?

CCSM R77/R80/ELITE
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

That's actually a good point.
If the connection is IPv6 only, it will not work as the VPN client does not support IPv6 at all.
That is most definitely an RFE.

Exonix
Advisor

The user said, it works from time to time. So, this isn't CheckPoint issue. But it is good to know about IPv6. thank you!

0 Kudos
_CP_Firewall
Contributor

I have faced similar issue and issue was with IPv6 only in the provider domain/network.
Checkpoint client does not support IPv6.

So what we did, we requested the users to connect with IPv4 provider's network via VPN (Sometime disabling IPv6 at client machine).

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events