Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mc_na23
Participant
Jump to solution

new out of the box 3000 series gateway. Unable to login to webgui. Permisison denied

I have a brand new, out of the box 3000 gateway appliance. I am attempting to configure. I am able to connect to webgui/GaIa and get the login prompt. When I attempt to login with default admin credentials, I get a "permission denied" error.

I connected console and able to login to cli with default admin credentials.

I looked thru other community posts and have found no resolve. I have tried Edge and Chrome.

according to "show version all". Running Gaia R81.10. OS build 335. kernal 3.10.0-957.21.3cpx86_64. 64-bit edition.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. this is my first attempt at initial configuration of any Checkpoint appliance. I called technical support and they offered no assistance. Rather they referred me to my salesman.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
mc_na23
Participant

I resolved the issue. It was not anything Checkpoint Gaia related. It was an issue with local pc and having an active VPN connection. Login auth request was being redirected back to browser thru the VPN connection, thus actively being blocked. 

I discovered this by accident. The VPN had done an auto-disconnect. I was attempting to troubleshoot this later in the day. Once I was able to get the configuration wizard via web-gui,  I started looking at what changed on the local pc. The only change was a disconnect of the VPN. Tested my assumptions and they proved correct.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Have you tried changing the admin password from the CLI (set user admin password) then logging in via the WebUI?

0 Kudos
mc_na23
Participant

I did try that. Still get the same error when attempting to login via web-gui. Able to login to cli with new password via console.

0 Kudos
mc_na23
Participant

I resolved the issue. It was not anything Checkpoint Gaia related. It was an issue with local pc and having an active VPN connection. Login auth request was being redirected back to browser thru the VPN connection, thus actively being blocked. 

I discovered this by accident. The VPN had done an auto-disconnect. I was attempting to troubleshoot this later in the day. Once I was able to get the configuration wizard via web-gui,  I started looking at what changed on the local pc. The only change was a disconnect of the VPN. Tested my assumptions and they proved correct.

the_rock
Legend
Legend

Glad you got it working.

Andy

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events