Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Patrick_Bateman
Explorer

dhcp server error

This is probably really simple but I'm fairly new to the world of check point.

When I attempt to enable DHCP Server I receive an error of, "At least one subnet should be configured and enabled in order for the DHCP server to be enabled. DHCP server, Interface selection error."

I attached two screen shots of the DHCP Server Subnet Configuration window.

I'm probably overlooking something obvious, but I'm hopeful that someone could help! Thank you in advance.

8 Replies
Patrick_Bateman
Explorer

anyone?

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Considering I just followed the same basic steps and it worked (albeit with a different subnet), I'm inclined to think you're running into a bug of some sort.

Granted, I did it on R80.10 + JHF 56

What release are you doing it on?

0 Kudos
JuPo
Employee Employee
Employee

Check sk113600 if the end-user vlan is not directly connected to the CheckPoint FW and you are using DHCP relay agent (L3 switch/router).

end-user-vlan ->> L3 switch/router (DHCP relay agent) ->> CeckPoint FW (DHCP server)

0 Kudos
D_W
Advisor

I have the descriped setup with R80.10:

end-user-vlan ->> L3 switch/router (DHCP relay agent) ->> CheckPoint FW (DHCP server)

Scopelocal is enabled on the route. But still I cannot activate the DHCP server.

grafik.png

grafik.png

grafik.png

Anyone any idea?

0 Kudos
Maarten_Sjouw
Champion
Champion

Is the 10.22.96.0/22 network configured on one of the interfaces?
Regards, Maarten
0 Kudos
D_W
Advisor

No there is a route to 10.22.96.0/22 via the L3 switch. The L3 switch is configured with dhcp relay to the checkpoint.
0 Kudos
Maarten_Sjouw
Champion
Champion

Hmmm, not quite sure if that is supported by Check Point, I think only locally connected networks are supported.
Regards, Maarten
0 Kudos
D_W
Advisor

I think it is supported. I found nothing official but sk113600 is a hint.
0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events