Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Itzel_Gtz26
Participant

VPN User Limit

Where can I see the limit of C2S vpn users that I can create on my 7000 appliance?

Additionally, concurrent connections are depending on my license, correct?

Must my device have some specific performance to support this configuration?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

There isn't a hard limit to the number of VPN users you can create.
There is a license limit for C2S VPN connections.
Unless you've purchased Mobile Access Blade or Harmony Endpoint, you will be limited to 5 concurrent users. 
You can use this tool to check: https://community.checkpoint.com/t5/Scripts/Easy-Mobile-User-License-Tool-Replaces-quot-dtps-lic-quo... 

The exception to this is if you use SecuRemote, which has numerous limitations, but useful in some contexts: https://community.checkpoint.com/t5/Remote-Access-VPN/Quick-Primer-on-How-to-Configure-your-Gateway-... 

the_rock
Legend
Legend

As @PhoneBoy said, there is no hard limit as far as number of vpn users you create, BUT, there is limit if its C2S users, which is limited to 5 on basic license, so you need correct one depending how many "seats" you need (50, 100, 500..etc)

As far as your last question, you need to enable remote access and then configure proper groups for the access/rules

Example below in my lab.

Andy

Screenshot_1.png

Screenshot_2.png

Screenshot_3.png

0 Kudos
Itzel_Gtz26
Participant

Thanks to both of you for the info.

Additionally, do you know what capacity my device should have in an extreme case of 1000 connections at the same time? I already have the required license.

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Thats nothing...I know customers with way more users on same appliance and no issue.

0 Kudos
Itzel_Gtz26
Participant

So how many tunnels must be established at the same time to affect performance?

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events