Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PIAndre
Explorer
Jump to solution

Two ISPs and SMS conenctivity

Hi all.  Ive got a similar issue that was addressed in this post:

https://community.checkpoint.com/t5/General-Topics/Dual-ISP-and-SIC-management/td-p/116378

Ive got clusters and gateways that connect to a remote sms.  They all have 2 ISPs and are configured to use the primary/backup redundancy mode.  I want to be able to push/communicate/get logs from the gateways on the sms while on the backup isp.  The poster in the above link accepted the solution but I feel that there has got to be a better way than manually changing ips of the gateway/cluster object when the primary isp goes down if I have to push. 

Is there a better way and how would I implement it exactly?  Somehow using nats?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Right, you will have to adjust this NAT setting each time the ISP changes and push policy.
This is required so the remote gateways send logs and such to the correct IP address. 

View solution in original post

3 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Ultimately, the solution involves adjusting a NAT of some sort and pushing policy.
The one to adjust would be on the management server object, giving a different static IP on the different ISPs.

0 Kudos
PIAndre
Explorer

Im not following changing the sms object answer.  Can you possibly give more detail?  In my case my sms is behind a checkpoint gateway cluster and a static nat is applied under general properties -> nat.

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Right, you will have to adjust this NAT setting each time the ISP changes and push policy.
This is required so the remote gateways send logs and such to the correct IP address. 

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events