cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Danny
Champion Champion
Champion

Speed up your Snapshot creation and revert time

Check Point R77.30 / R80.10 runs on an RHEL 5 kernel.

Unluckily it has a nasty I/O operations bug which slows down GAiA Snapshot creation and revert times.

Check Point described in sk135832 how to change the type of I/O scheduler used on your firewall in order to work around the bug.

Thank you, Check Point!

8 Replies
Vladimir
Champion
Champion

Danny,

Do you think it is a good idea to create a script that will perform all of the actions in sk135832 as well as validate space requirements for the snapshot, prompt for and validate snapshot name and comment format, perform snapshot and revert configuration changes  after completion?

Perhaps even prompt for the snapshot export and generate download link for it?

I would not dare to tackle it myself, but since you've worked on the CCC, this should be well within your area of expertise and may make a good addition for it.

0 Kudos
Danny
Champion Champion
Champion

I'll leave this to Check Point. They are the Software Technologies vendor who I believe should provide it's end users easy-to-implement software solutions instead of those complex instructions seen in sk135832. There are easier-to-implement solutions, such as Check Point's One-liner in sk121373. Let's hope Check Point rethinks it's -solution- here as well and creates a simple One-liner for us to use.

ccc is just a tool for quick access to the most common commands, not complex changes with validations and stuff.

Daniel_Kavan
Advisor

Hi,

I tried to revert a R80.20 JHF 173 to an image with R80.20 with no JHF.  It seemed to go well, but on the reboot it got about 1/3 thru the colored bar at the bottom and just hung.  Is that normal for it to take a LONG time at that point?   Maybe, I was just too impatient.   I'm rebuilding the whole thing with R80.40 now.

0 Kudos
Chris_Atkinson
Employee Employee
Employee

I would recommend a seperate thread or TAC case for getting help with your problem as different to the above.

(I actually came into this thread half expecting to see comments about XFS & PIGZ etc)

CCSM R77/R80/ELITE
0 Kudos
genisis__
Leader Leader
Leader

I was running R80.20 with JHFA183, did an inline upgrade to R80.40 (then installed JHFA91) which all worked, but the layer 2 configurations on the bond completely broke,  three TAC engineers involved so far, not one of them from Israel.

Reverting back to R80.20, the first node took 1hr and 40 mins to revert, the second one rebooted at this time point but is just sitting there at "Starting the system".

Personal think the level of support and experience out of TAC centre the UK is directed is not reflected in the premium price we are paying.

SharonElmashaly
Employee Alumnus
Employee Alumnus

Hello,

Please share with me the Service Request number, I would like to review it with the team.

You can reach me via email or phone, see contact details below.

Sharon Elmashaly
VP, Customer Support
elmashaly@checkpoint.com 
Mobile +972 (0)52 6574661

0 Kudos
genisis__
Leader Leader
Leader

Hi Sharon - I've sent you an email.

0 Kudos
cezar_varlan1
Collaborator

This is the golden statement here. Unfortunately it is not the UK but the problem is world-wide. They have all but removed Israel TAC with real engineers and we are now getting the IT standard SE Asia support. They will come in with 1-2-3 engineers and what I've seen most is "I don't know" but "we could try". 

To mention I am not off-topic, I am too now waiting for a snapshot creation for the last 2 hours.

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events