cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Scheer
Participant

Snapshot Management Issue

Hi,

After creating new SNAP shot via tha Gaia portal, that process state not growing and found out more process ids. Seek your comments to resolve this.

0 Kudos
8 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

On what appliance/version/JHF level?
Do you have enough free space to take a snapshot of the root filesystem that is not allocated to any partition?

0 Kudos
Scheer
Participant

Please find attached snap shots.

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Have you reviewed the following SK, which speaks directly to this issue? https://supportcenter.checkpoint.com/supportcenter/portal?eventSubmit_doGoviewsolutiondetails=&solut...

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

I had seen this problem before and fw had to be rebooted to solve the issue.

0 Kudos
Scheer
Participant

I identified the process using top -c and killed the process using kill -9 PID. Then snapshot creating stopped (Also was removed from the Gaia).

But, we will not be able to create another snapshot without rebooting the fw.

Blason_R
Leader
Leader

This is right a reboot should resolve the issue. Also you must think upgrading it since you are running on R80.30 and its already declared as EOL.

Thanks and Regards,
Blason R
CCSA,CCSE,CCCS
the_rock
Legend
Legend

I was actually surprised when I saw this issue in the lab couple of months back, really did not expect it.

0 Kudos
Blason_R
Leader
Leader

Well I guess checkpoint uses a command called dump in the background to take a snapshot of filesystem. I used this so many time on my ubuntu server but again being on R80.30 there might be a few bugs or even system utilization and many more factors.

Thanks and Regards,
Blason R
CCSA,CCSE,CCCS
0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events