Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Scott_Paisley
Advisor

Skyline Telemetry through VPN

We patched a couple of gateway clusters on R810.10 JHF 79 along with our management servers.

On the management servers we enabled Skyline and we are receving telemetry

On a gateway cluster local to the Grafana server we enabled Skyline and we are receving telemetry

On a remote gateway cluster that can only reach the Grafana server through a VPN tunnel, we are not receving telemetry. The gateway can reach the server. If we do a curl on the gateway we get the expected response, but the gateway does not appear to be sending telemetry.

Do we need to do some additional configuration to make this work?

We did have it working with an earlier version of Skyline.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

@Arik_Ovtracht any ideas?

0 Kudos
Arik_Ovtracht
Employee
Employee

There shouldn't be any specific limitation with VPN. Also, there was no change in that regard between the EA and GA versions.

@Scott_Paisley  if you can't resolve this issue, feel free to contact me at ariko@checkpoint.com and I will try to help.

0 Kudos
Scott_Paisley
Advisor

we patched the rest of our gateways this weekend, and enabled skyline on a couple using exactly the same command and configuration.

Gateways local to the telemetry server are sending data. Gateways remote from the server, that can only reach it through a VPN tunnel, do not appear to be sending.

We have rules for the traffic on the gateways, but we don't see any attempts to send in the logs

0 Kudos
Arik_Ovtracht
Employee
Employee

Hi @Scott_Paisley , if you can share more details directly to me at ariko@checkpoint.com I will try to help.

0 Kudos
Scott_Paisley
Advisor

Hi. Thanks, but as I was writing the email I realised the issue might be a DNS problem, and I have just confirmed that. It is working now

0 Kudos
Scott_Paisley
Advisor

We have found another strange issue. I will email you. Thanks

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events