Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mike_Sab
Explorer

SMTP traffic rejected from

We are on CheckPoint R77.30 (please do not ask about upgrade, we are in process of demising these firewalls) and have a SMTP rule created in 'Security' and 'Application' yet the smtp traffic is denied. What is happening?

Connectivity between gateway and the smtp server is fine, I can telnet in port 25.

Why is this happening?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
_Val_
Admin
Admin

Which one of the rules you are showing is rule 39? Also, would it be possible that you still have your old SMTP server in the rule 39 and SMTP proxy config? 

0 Kudos
Mike_Sab
Explorer

Even though the old smtp exists, I added explicit rule for this src and dst, same error.

I can confirm the SMTP proxy config reflects the new smtp servers.

Its' strange, I made some minor changes (added new SMTP server to old SMTP rule), this doesn't get invoked but a rule for source subnet. The rule is 

Source: 192.168.10.0

Dst: any

Services: Any

Action:  Accept

The smtp traffic hits this rule and STILL it is dropped. It is complaining about "Failed to connect to SMTP server", I am out of ideas.

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Hey Mike,

Send me a message offline, lets do remote session when convenient, we can try figure this out if the issue is still ongoing. Sounds like somethin simple might be missing.

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events