Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Satyam1
Participant
Jump to solution

Regarding access between two sites

Web Server Access.png

Hi Guys,

I need help regarding access to the Web Server.

Firstly, please refer to the image I have attached.

Our company has 2 different sites. Site A has a Web Server with two different Websites hosted (let's say xxx.com and zzz.com) and our employees from site B connect to this web server.

What we want is if User1 from SiteB connects to our Web Server then he should get xxx.com and if User2 connects he should get zzz.com.

Is this possible only with Firewalls? If yes, Please guide how can I achieve this.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
the_rock
Legend
Legend

In your case most likely site to site VPN. Client to site would work best say if you have a user sitting at home or connecting from outside to access resources behind your firewall, but if these are 2 separate locations with firewalls, sounds like S2S would make sense.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 Replies
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Well, this should not matter as far as say how sites are configured, but it would definitely be controlled as per policy itself.

0 Kudos
Satyam1
Participant

Hi,

Can you guide a little bit more on how I can achieve this?

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

As Chris said, vpn and nat are your best options, for sure.

0 Kudos
Chris_Atkinson
Employee Employee
Employee

Why wouldn't this work based solely on DNS or are they both browsing to the same URL / domain name?

CCSM R77/R80/ELITE
0 Kudos
Satyam1
Participant

They are accessing the same server but the applications in the web server allow access of contents based on the IP.

0 Kudos
Chris_Atkinson
Employee Employee
Employee

VPN or NAT are the options you have here.

VPN will facilitate routing based on the real origin IPs

Hide-NAT is an option only if you have additional public IPs to leverage.

CCSM R77/R80/ELITE
Satyam1
Participant

Hi Chris,

Which option will be best, site 2 site or Remote access ?

I am new to firewalls, still learning.

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

In your case most likely site to site VPN. Client to site would work best say if you have a user sitting at home or connecting from outside to access resources behind your firewall, but if these are 2 separate locations with firewalls, sounds like S2S would make sense.

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events