Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dhilip_dj
Contributor
Jump to solution

Reg:SND core CPU High utilization

@PhoneBoy

I have facing SND core CPU utilisation always high more than 90% but other 3 fw cores are less only about 60% so i suspect this might be the reason for latency in network. Could you please suggest the solution for optimize or should I go with Device upgradation.

Model:6400 gateway 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

If your SND is 90%+ usage and your other processors are about 60% usage, there may not be much you can do in terms of tuning or optimization.
Having said that, there may be easily correctable issues in the environment that may be contributing to this.
The output of the Super Seven commands plus enabled_blades will assist us in making this determination. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Chris_Atkinson
Employee Employee
Employee

Could you please provide the version/JHF info for the gateway and details of enabled blades to start?

The following S7 outputs will also help to provide further insights:

https://community.checkpoint.com/t5/Scripts/S7PAC-Super-Seven-Performance-Assessment-Commands/td-p/4...

CCSM R77/R80/ELITE
0 Kudos
Blason_R
Leader
Leader

Run top 7 c commands and provide us the output to investigate further.

Thanks and Regards,
Blason R
CCSA,CCSE,CCCS
0 Kudos
Timothy_Hall
Champion
Champion

We will need to see Super Seven outputs plus enabled_blades to give a conclusive answer.  S7PAC - Super Seven Performance Assessment Command

Even if you are using R81+ on your 6400, Dynamic Balancing/Split will not be enabled by default unless you manually enable GNAT because a 6400 has less than 8 cores.  However even if you did that, I don't believe there is enough spare core utilization capacity for Dynamic Split to adjust from a 1/3 split to a 2/2 split to relieve the utilization on your single SND core, at least at the moment you took your screenshot. 

Depending on Super Seven outputs there may be tuning that can be performed, which is all covered in detail in my new R81.20 Gateway Performance Optimization class.

Gateway Performance Optimization R81.20 Course
now available at maxpowerfirewalls.com
0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

If your SND is 90%+ usage and your other processors are about 60% usage, there may not be much you can do in terms of tuning or optimization.
Having said that, there may be easily correctable issues in the environment that may be contributing to this.
The output of the Super Seven commands plus enabled_blades will assist us in making this determination. 

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events