cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dan_Riddleberge
Participant
Jump to solution

R81.10 JHF Take 66 - Interface Renaming Issues

We are hearing some reports of interfaces being renamed with upgrading R81.10 to JHF Take 66.  Anyone heard of this issue? 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Dan_Riddleberge
Participant

Aug 8, 2022 - sk179799- R81.10 after JF Take 66 Upgrade interface information is deleted

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
11 Replies
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Never heard of it myself, neither have I had any issues personally. 

0 Kudos
genisis__
Leader Leader
Leader

For me on upgrading VSX cluster:

- orphan wrp interfaces seen in VS0 (vsx reconfigure resolved that)

- More concerning memory leak issue which caused complete outage (CP identified  issues and waiting on a private fix, which will get integrated into a Jumbo once we know this resolves our problem).

- Have a strange issue where dynamic balancing turns off after a reboot, but this may get resolved in the fixes.

Everything else was smooth.

AmitShmuel
Employee
Employee

Hi,

I'm not aware of any issues with dynamic balancing on this take, I'd be happy to take a look.

Any chance you could share some log files offline to amitshm@checkpoint.com ?

- $FWDIR/log/dsd.elg

- $FWDIR/log/dynamic_split.elg

Thanks,

Amit

genisis__
Leader Leader
Leader

Amit - already pinged over the dsd.elg file to the TAC case I raised.

Also to clarify it seems to be just be issue automatically starting dynamic balancing.  If start it manually it works fine.

0 Kudos
AmitShmuel
Employee
Employee

Thanks for the cooperation, seems like some general slowness is affecting certain utilities (e.g. mq_mng) which dynamic balancing relies on. I've forwarded my findings to the relevant TAC engineer.

0 Kudos
Chris_Atkinson
Employee Employee
Employee

I've seen only one report here for a specific Open Server deployment and not sure it was specific to the JHF, TAC would likely have better visibility. 

CCSM R77/R80/ELITE
Gregory_Azratz
Employee
Employee

Hi @Dan_Riddleberge,
What was the state of the machine before the installation of JHF T66? was it R81.10 GA or had older jumbo installed? was it installed via blink image or regular ISO?

Thanks,
Gregory

0 Kudos
Dan_Riddleberge
Participant

Hi Gregory. The info we got was from a Check Point FE saying to 'not' install Take 66 at this time.

0 Kudos
Dan_Riddleberge
Participant

Aug 8, 2022 - sk179799- R81.10 after JF Take 66 Upgrade interface information is deleted

0 Kudos
Dan_Riddleberge
Participant

sk179799- R81.10 after JF Take 66 Upgrade interface information is deleted

eranzo
Employee
Employee

Hi,

The issue occurs only when you used Blink image including Take 55 to install Jumbo R81.10.
During installation of Jumbo Hotfix Accumulator Take 66 above it, there is a stage when part of the configuration, changed by Take 55, gets restored.
Some restored files are not aligned anymore with the appliance in use.

The following actions were taken in order to handle this:
1. The Blink images for take 55 and take 66 are no longer available for download and were removed from the jumbo sk.
2. A fix for this issue will be released in the next jumbo take (so customers with take 55 Blink image will not face this issue)
3. A new Blink image for take 66 with a fix for this issue will replace the current take 66 Blink image shortly.

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events