Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Duffy
Participant
Jump to solution

Permission Denied whilst entering cplic or any cp command

Hello,

I am having issues in applying the cp commands as it gives me permission denied as follows:

Last login: Tue Aug 15 13:56:27 2023 from 10.21.0.254
-bash: /etc/hcp/conf/.new_hcp_take_installed: Permission denied

rm: cannot remove '/etc/hcp/conf/.new_hcp_take_installed': Permission denied
-bash: /bin/fwaccel_autocomplete.sh: No such file or directory
[Expert@Mgmt]# cphaprob stat
-bash: cphaprob: command not found
[Expert@Mgmt]# cplic print
-bash: cplic: command not found
[Expert@Mgmt]# clish
CLINFR0771 Config lock is owned by ca_ocd_ladmin. Use the command 'lock database override' to acquire the lock.
Mgmt> cpprob stat
CLINFR0329 Invalid command:'cpprob stat'.
Mgmt> cplic print
/tmp/.CPprofile.sh: line 1: /opt/CPshrd-R81.10/scripts/cpprofile_functions.sh: Permission denied
Mgmt>

the user account that i use is the same as the user account of admin with shell : /etc/cli.sh , i tried with the another shell with /bin/bash but in vain too.

There is no authentication raduis configued just accounts to access the WebUI of the firewall. Any ideas ?

Thank you

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
_Val_
Admin
Admin

Do you have other admin accounts where this works?

View solution in original post

6 Replies
_Val_
Admin
Admin

Do you have other admin accounts where this works?

Duffy
Participant

Hello Val,

Yes the default admin account , i just noticed that i changed the account i am using to the same uid for the default admin account and it worked afterwards.

Seems a strange way to make it work , but it worked in the end. 

Thank you.

0 Kudos
_Val_
Admin
Admin

This is not a fix. Something was misconfigured with your non-working account, and now you do not know what exactly. Check the user role it was created with.

Duffy
Participant

the user role that it's assigned too is the same as admin and i thought of changing the uid back to 0 same as admin account , this is where it started working as intended.

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

As Val said, something efinitely would have been misconfigured with the other account. If default admin account works fine, then its either permission issue or UID.

Andy

Its like below:

Screenshot_1.png

Duffy
Participant

Turns out the uid in the end when i changed it to 0 instead of 104 uid assigned earlier it worked fine afterwards.

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events