Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Fabz
Contributor
Jump to solution

OpenLDAP Support with Checkpoint

Hi Checkmates,

Right now im on implementing CP FW 6200 and have a request from customer to integrating with OpenLDAP for SmartConsole Login and eventually for MAB authentication.

Just checking on several admin guide and youtube, but found nothing about this integration.

Is Checkpoint support to integrated with OpenLDAP or not? if yes, is there any docs for guiding me? Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Blason_R
Leader
Leader

Hello,

You can integrate however I really doubt you can use those for authentication since checkpoint looks for WMI query and event ID 4624, 4625 and 4771. Openldap won't be able to provide those queries.

Instead I would recommend to build RADIUS Server and keep backend as openldap

Thanks and Regards,
Blason R
CCSA,CCSE,CCCS

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Blason_R
Leader
Leader

Hello,

You can integrate however I really doubt you can use those for authentication since checkpoint looks for WMI query and event ID 4624, 4625 and 4771. Openldap won't be able to provide those queries.

Instead I would recommend to build RADIUS Server and keep backend as openldap

Thanks and Regards,
Blason R
CCSA,CCSE,CCCS
0 Kudos
Fabz
Contributor

Hey @Blason_R 

Thank you! just want to clarify, with Radius my goals for authentication MAB Access also possible to do, right?

0 Kudos
Blason_R
Leader
Leader

This is correct - Only thing ensure you configure the correct authentication method in Gateway properties -. Mobile Access -> Authentication

Thanks and Regards,
Blason R
CCSA,CCSE,CCCS
0 Kudos
(1)
Fabz
Contributor

Thank you! will do it.

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events