Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Darren_Phang
Participant
Jump to solution

Mobile Access VPN users can't reach Internal network

Hi Guys,

I'm currently facing an issue whereby my mobile access VPN users couldn't reach to my Internal network but DMZ network is fine. E.g. I couldn't ping 172.16.0.37 but can ping 11.1.1.123. Seeking advise on which part of my configuration is wrong.

CP configuration:

Mobile Access > Office mode (172.16.9.x) and DNS server is configured in the optional parameter already.

Policy:- Src: Access Roles (local users), Dst: DMZ_Net (11.1.1.0), INT_Net (172.16.0.0) , Service: Any,  Allow

Routing:- Dst Network: 172.16.0.0/255.255.0.0, Gateway: 10.1.1.102 (FG interface)

FG configuration:

Policy: Incoming Interface: External (10.1.1.102), Outgoing Interface: Internal (172.16.0.x) Src: All, Dst: 172.16.0.0, Service: All, Allow

Routing: 0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0, Gateway: 10.1.1.101 (CP interface)

Ping test case:

172.16.9.1 (mobile access vpn user) ping 172.16.0.37 failed!

172.16.9.1 (mobile access vpn user) ping 11.1.1.123 successful! 

Regards,

Darren

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Timothy_Hall
Champion
Champion

You need to ensure that 172.16.0.37 (or its containing network) is defined in your firewall's VPN Domain on the following screen, or the SNX client will never put it into the tunnel in the first place.  What is your VPN domain definition on this screen and what networks does it contain:

domain.jpg

If this still doesn't make sense, once the SNX client is connected, run command netstat -rn from the SNX client itself (not the firewall).  Is there a route leading to 172.16.0.37 via the tunnel or not?  If it is just hitting the default route it won't go into the tunnel because your VPN domain is not complete.

Gateway Performance Optimization R81.20 Course
now available at maxpowerfirewalls.com

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Timothy_Hall
Champion
Champion

Is traffic to 172.16.0.37  being dropped by policy on the gateway (logged drop) or never put into the tunnel by the client in the first place?  (no log)

Is 172.16.0.37 contained within the defined VPN domain of your gateway?

0 Kudos
Darren_Phang
Participant

Hi @Timothy_Hall,

I never configure anything on the remote access community. Is it needed for mobile access ? 

My idea is to allow access to the internal network (172.16.0.0) & DMZ network (11.1.1.0) with access role (office mode). I’m able to ping  all my DMZ servers with the office mode IP (172.16.9.1) assigned to me.

Regards,

Darren

0 Kudos
Timothy_Hall
Champion
Champion

Is 172.16.0.37 contained within the defined VPN domain of your gateway?

0 Kudos
Darren_Phang
Participant

I don’t think so but given that the PC (mobile access users) successfully establish a tunnel with CP and was assigned with a local IP too via office mode, isn’t it considered as local connection already? 

CP is serving as an external & DMZ firewall while FG is serving as an internal firewall. CP is directly connecting to FG and no switches in between. 

0 Kudos
Timothy_Hall
Champion
Champion

You need to ensure that 172.16.0.37 (or its containing network) is defined in your firewall's VPN Domain on the following screen, or the SNX client will never put it into the tunnel in the first place.  What is your VPN domain definition on this screen and what networks does it contain:

domain.jpg

If this still doesn't make sense, once the SNX client is connected, run command netstat -rn from the SNX client itself (not the firewall).  Is there a route leading to 172.16.0.37 via the tunnel or not?  If it is just hitting the default route it won't go into the tunnel because your VPN domain is not complete.

0 Kudos
David_Thane
Explorer
Have you checked your anti-spoofing configuration?
0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events