cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LostBoY
Advisor
Jump to solution

Login failure for a RADIUS User

i have integrated my R80.40 smartoconsole and GWs with CIsco ISE via RADIUS protocol.. facing a weird issue for a single user who is not able to loign to smartconsole citing an error authentication failed.. however same password works for CLI login.

There are other users also configured on the same device but none of them have any issue.. any help is appreicated

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
LostBoY
Advisor

Thank you all for the replies.. it turned out RADIUS version 1 was configured for ISE object in Smartconsole which was limiting the password character to 16.. i changed it to v2 and now its working fine

it was a mere coincidence that the one user which was affected was using a 17 letter password XD

View solution in original post

(1)
4 Replies
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Just going by my pure logic here, first thing I would personally check is to make sure that permissions and settings for non working user are same as working ones. Assuming they all have same access, I cant really think of any other reason why this would fail. Is that the only message you see in the logs? If you do say tcpdump of fw monitor for that user's IP address or zdebug on just their usernames, what do you see?

Andy

0 Kudos
Vladimir
Champion
Champion

Check the Permission Profile assigned to the user in question.

Also, when you are referring to CLI, are you referring to a Management CLI or CLISH?

Chris_Atkinson
Employee Employee
Employee

On the user record is their any time or expiry constraint set?

CCSM R77/R80/ELITE
LostBoY
Advisor

Thank you all for the replies.. it turned out RADIUS version 1 was configured for ISE object in Smartconsole which was limiting the password character to 16.. i changed it to v2 and now its working fine

it was a mere coincidence that the one user which was affected was using a 17 letter password XD

(1)

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events