Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Luis_Esteban
Participant
Jump to solution

ISP Redundancy Script in ClusterXL

Hi,

I am going to configure ISP redundancy in our R80.40 Cluster, Primary/Backup mode.

I have some doubts about the ISP Redundancy Script. The administration guide says ‘if one of the ISP links is the connection to a backup ISP, configure the ISP Redundancy Script’. However, when I check the section about the ISP redundancy script, it says ‘Warning - We do not recommend that you make any changes in this script.’  It would be ideal that the Primary ISP link would be the active one when becomes available again. 

Any ideas about what should I do? If I need to change the ISP redundancy script, what changes are needed?

I have another question. When the ISP redundancy is set, and the next hop is configured for both links, what is the effect of ‘IPv4 Static Routes’ for the default gateway in Gaia? Should I add another default route for the ISP backup link on there?

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
the_rock
Legend
Legend

I cant speak for anyone else, but I can tell you I configured this for few customers and we never had to run any script, or change anything. Just followed below doc and worked fine. Just make sure you indicate next hop IP as IP of device leading to your ISP and also check option to apply to VPN settings at the bottom. 

https://sc1.checkpoint.com/documents/R80.30/WebAdminGuides/EN/CP_R80.30_ClusterXL_AdminGuide/html_fr...

View solution in original post

Yigal_Alexander
Employee Alumnus
Employee Alumnus

Hi

No need to modify the script itself.
As for the static routes already configured - there is no need to configure the additional route, this is exactly what the script does when invoked upon ISP failover.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
the_rock
Legend
Legend

I cant speak for anyone else, but I can tell you I configured this for few customers and we never had to run any script, or change anything. Just followed below doc and worked fine. Just make sure you indicate next hop IP as IP of device leading to your ISP and also check option to apply to VPN settings at the bottom. 

https://sc1.checkpoint.com/documents/R80.30/WebAdminGuides/EN/CP_R80.30_ClusterXL_AdminGuide/html_fr...

Yigal_Alexander
Employee Alumnus
Employee Alumnus

Hi

No need to modify the script itself.
As for the static routes already configured - there is no need to configure the additional route, this is exactly what the script does when invoked upon ISP failover.

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events