Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bac26
Contributor
Jump to solution

Https Bypass Inspetion Application like microsoft store

Hello

what is best practice to bypass https inspection on application? like microsoft store?

br

0 Kudos
3 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
the_rock
Legend
Legend

This is example of what I always do and works 100% of the time.

Andy

Screenshot_1.png

 Also, make sure below is checked, though Im pretty sure it is by default (legacy smart console)

Screenshot_2.png

Screenshot_3.png

View solution in original post

(1)
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

You can bypass any domain by creating a Custom Application/Site with the relevant domains similar to what @the_rock showed.
You can't bypass a specific application using one of our built-in definitions. 

(1)
Sorin_Gogean
Advisor

Not sure why is that hard to look into documentation:

From Microsoft documents we get the needed URL's, so were you allowing those or?

Proxy configuration

If your organization restricts computers on your network from connecting to the Internet, there is a set of URLs that need to be available for devices to use Microsoft Store. Some of the Microsoft Store features use Store services. Devices using Microsoft Store – either to acquire, install, or update apps – will need access to these URLs. If you use a proxy server to block traffic, your configuration needs to allow these URLs:

Store for Business requires Microsoft Windows HTTP Services (WinHTTP) to install, or update apps.

0 Kudos
(1)
8 Replies
the_rock
Legend
Legend

This is example of what I always do and works 100% of the time.

Andy

Screenshot_1.png

 Also, make sure below is checked, though Im pretty sure it is by default (legacy smart console)

Screenshot_2.png

Screenshot_3.png

(1)
Bac26
Contributor

you apply both or just one of the 2 option?

0 Kudos
Bac26
Contributor

sorry i mean why as i have checked "bypass https inspection..." microsoft store is not bypass by this one? and i need to add the rule?

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Hey @Bac26 ,

Apologies, I dont have smart console on my iphone (lol), as Im travelling, so cant get to my lab, but in a nutshell, just do what @Sorin_Gogean suggested. He is EXCELLENT...he helped me before with some queries I had for inspection, you can tell he knows this subject very well. I would say, also, just to be sure, you can also add updatable objects, simply search for anything windows or updates. I would say most of the time, but dont take my word for it, as I cant see it at the moment, usually its enough to only add USA servers, but its pretty self expanatory once you look it up.

Hope it helps.

Andy

0 Kudos
Bac26
Contributor

you get same alert when add in the way you suggest?

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

You can bypass any domain by creating a Custom Application/Site with the relevant domains similar to what @the_rock showed.
You can't bypass a specific application using one of our built-in definitions. 

(1)
Bac26
Contributor

ok but i wanted bypass "microsoft store" application what would be the best bay?

0 Kudos
Sorin_Gogean
Advisor

Not sure why is that hard to look into documentation:

From Microsoft documents we get the needed URL's, so were you allowing those or?

Proxy configuration

If your organization restricts computers on your network from connecting to the Internet, there is a set of URLs that need to be available for devices to use Microsoft Store. Some of the Microsoft Store features use Store services. Devices using Microsoft Store – either to acquire, install, or update apps – will need access to these URLs. If you use a proxy server to block traffic, your configuration needs to allow these URLs:

Store for Business requires Microsoft Windows HTTP Services (WinHTTP) to install, or update apps.

0 Kudos
(1)

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

Tue 23 Apr 2024 @ 11:00 AM (EDT)

East US: What's New in R82

Thu 25 Apr 2024 @ 11:00 AM (SGT)

APAC: CPX 2024 Recap

Tue 30 Apr 2024 @ 03:00 PM (CDT)

EMEA: CPX 2024 Recap

Thu 02 May 2024 @ 11:00 AM (SGT)

APAC: What's new in R82

Tue 23 Apr 2024 @ 11:00 AM (EDT)

East US: What's New in R82

Thu 25 Apr 2024 @ 11:00 AM (SGT)