Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SWBW_Florian
Contributor

HTTPS inspection: Inspection despite exclusion?

hi there,

i've created an exclusion for a website like printing.post.de. To do this i went to HTTPS Inspection Blade, created a policy. As Source i chose an Access Role. Theres an Active Directory Group behind it.

As Destination i created an Object "domain" like .printing.post.de. Action is "Bypass". Saved and installed.

It works like this for almost all users but one. Theres one user, thats also part of the AD Group, that triggers the HTTPS inspection.

The website isnt working for that user and i can see that the site is inspected in the logfiles

There are no known differences between that user and all the others

Any hints? 

regards

regards
0 Kudos
3 Replies
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Sounds like you did it properly. Personally though, I ALWAYS use wildcard for https bypass, ie *printing.post.de*, Im sure that would work. If you give it a go, you can test, something like below screnshot

Best,

Andy

Screenshot_1.png

0 Kudos
Bob_Zimmerman
Authority
Authority

Note that this can match more sites than you might expect. Among other things, it would match printing.post.de.virusbiz.ru.

I posted an analysis of what a custom application/site object matches a little under a year ago.

the_rock
Legend
Legend

Thats very true, agree. Thats a danger in using those I suppose, though personally, I never had an issue.

Best,

Andy

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events