Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTTPS Inspection (issues, exceptions, etc.)

Hi CheckMates,

HTTPS Inspection ... hmm these days this is a must have feature - no question about it 🙂
But as all of us know there are situations when some page doesn't work... and in 99% of such cases admin just makes an exception with bypass.

I would like to dig a little bit more ... and see why such page doesn't work so I thought about some debugs...

I've found that in lab env. I can have 100% reproductable issue with "dev Windows 11" machine in HyperV where if HTTPS Inspection is enabled Microsoft Store app will not load. And I know that also Microsoft Teams app doesn't allow users to log in (if they are already logged in it works well ... funny thing is that Teams as web application works well ... and this "issue" with "thick app" only exists on Windows 11 ... on Windows 10 everything is OK).

So....
I wanted to dig a little big more and I see that when we have HTTPS Inspection enabled and Inspect rule (no bypass rule) it is Microsoft site that "doesn't like us" because in PCAP I see that after TLS Handshake it sends "Encrypted Alert". After that Quantum sends RST Flag.

encryptedalert.PNG

Unfortunately this is .... encrypted ... so I can't see what exactly Microsoft si

TO READ THE FULL POST it's simple and free

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events