Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
paultwdavey
Participant
Jump to solution

Gateway Upgrades through SmartConsole

Morning All,

When doing upgrades on our gateways, we would normally do the upgrade through the Gaia portal then download and install the Upgrade package.

We thought that we would use SmartConsole to do the upgrade this time (R81 > R81.10), but this tries to use the Blink package to do the install. Normally, if you use the blink package you have to run through the first time configuration wizard again once the install is done.

My question is: If we use SmartConsole to do the upgrade and it uses the blink package, does the manager take care of doing all of the backups and re-applying the config, so we do not need to do the first time wizard? Or what would we need to do?

Thanks in advanced!

Paul

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Chris_Atkinson
Employee Employee
Employee

The blink upgrade approach outcome is the same as with any CPUSE upgrade.

Only the blink clean installation option should require the FTW.

CCSM R77/R80/ELITE

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Chris_Atkinson
Employee Employee
Employee

The blink upgrade approach outcome is the same as with any CPUSE upgrade.

Only the blink clean installation option should require the FTW.

CCSM R77/R80/ELITE
paultwdavey
Participant

Thanks @Chris_Atkinson 

That sounds like we should be able to run the upgrades from SmartConsole with no further input, which I like very much 🙂 

0 Kudos
Chris_Atkinson
Employee Employee
Employee

There are some other threads where users have shared their experiences, would be worth reviewing those for additional tips.

For me it still make sense to capture any customizations and verify things like available disk space and ensure the Deployment Agent is up to date prior.

CCSM R77/R80/ELITE
0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events