Did you mean: 
the_rock
Legend
Legend
Jump to solution

Gaia web UI keeps logging out

Hey guys,

Happy Friday!

Apologies if this may sound like a silly question, but Im not sure how to get it fixed. We plan to upgrade the client's fw to R81.20 next week, currently its on R80.40 jumbo 152. Its been up 129 days, but for some reason, whenever you log into web UI, keeps logging out and most of the time, web UI does not even come up.

WE tried below, but says file is modified already, since its R80.40

Gaia Portal shows blank page after login with Firefox 5x or Chrome 66 (checkpoint.com)

Btw, if we try private browser window (opera,edge, chrome or mozilla, or even brave browser), does the same, log in, but then logs out as soon as you click any tab on the left.

Im sure reboot may fix this, but since it would reboot after the upgrade anyway, I was hoping there was another, possibly less intrusive way to correct it. 

I have no clue sadly how long this may had been an issue.

Thanks for any help/suggestions.

Best,

Andy

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
the_rock
Legend
Legend

So turns out those commands worked for maybe 15 mins and then same issue happened. My colleague and I determined that issue was related to the SDWAN links config on our corporate Fortigate that was causing this.

Best,

Andy

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
11 Replies
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Forgot to mention, install policy/mgmt database does not help either. web UI portal in smart console is correct.

Andy

0 Kudos
Alex-
Advisor
Advisor

You could give a look at sk110815. The SK about troubleshooting the GAIA portal doesn't seem available anymore.

the_rock
Legend
Legend

Thanks Alex. I believe we tried this already, but let me check with my colleague once he is off the current call.

Best,

Andy

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Just did it and looked better for couple mins, but then kicked us out again : - (

Glad we tried it though...just odd with this issue, specially considering its every browser. We may need to ask the customer if they are okay to reboot the box, as Im not really sure if there is any other non-intrusive way to correct this behavior. ssh is fine, does not log out at all.

Best,

Andy

0 Kudos
Lesley
Advisor

And a just a simple HTTPD restart?

[Expert@HostName:0]# tellpm process:httpd2

[Expert@HostName:0]# tellpm process:httpd2 t

-------
If you like this post please give a thumbs up(kudo)! 🙂
(1)
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Sadly no, exact same behavior.

Best,

Andy

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

We just noticed same issue on a different fw managed by same mgmt server, which is on R81.20 and does not have this problem, so let us give it a go with those commands and see what happens.

Best,

Andy

0 Kudos
Lesley
Advisor

You are not running VSX right?

Maybe create new user with a RBA and test with user.

Also check this one: https://support.checkpoint.com/results/sk/sk115732

Portal is often shared, multi portal daemon. For VPN MAB usercheck etc

-------
If you like this post please give a thumbs up(kudo)! 🙂
0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Its not VSX, no. We are just trying commands you sent before, I have a feeling that may work, will update shortly.

Best,

Andy

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

That did it, thanks a lot! ✌️

Best,

Andy

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

So turns out those commands worked for maybe 15 mins and then same issue happened. My colleague and I determined that issue was related to the SDWAN links config on our corporate Fortigate that was causing this.

Best,

Andy

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events