Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
George_Ellis
Advisor

GAIA Web Portal access blocked by Microsoft Edge - the quick workaround

A new revision of Microsoft Edge changed the way some of the GAIA portal web pages would browse.  Since they are self-signed certificates, you usually got the message that the site was unsafe.  You would click Advanced, then use the link that you wanted to proceed to the site anyway.

Well, there is an alternate message the says "you can't visit 192.168.100.1 right now because the website sent scrambled credentials..."  No method to go on to the page.  There is a workaround.

Click on the tab of the page and type thisisunsafe   You do not need to press enter or refresh, the site will automatically reload.

PhoneBoy had mentioned this in another thread, but you might have had issues finding it looking for the message.

5 Replies
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Interesting...I tried this on 3 PCs with updated Microsoft Edge and none had the problem.

Andy

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

thisisunsafe should work in all Chrome-based browsers (where this "workaround" comes from).

r1der
Advisor

Good to know! What version of Edge does this affect? Mine seems to be okay so far.
Version 112.0.1722.48 (Official build) (64-bit)

0 Kudos
George_Ellis
Advisor

I am at:
Version 113.0.1774.42 

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

I  tried 4 different machines with that exact Edge version and no issues on any of them.

Andy

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events