Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Roy_Smith
Collaborator
Jump to solution

Dynamic Balancing Status Initializing

Hi

I have enabled dynamic balancing on our VSX cluster, following sk164155. After reboot, the status said Initializing but I assumed this would just be a temporary state. I assumed this was just a temporary state and would settle down after a while. However, after 5 hours it is still at Initializing and has not changed. 

Does anyone have any experience of enabling this feature on a running system? Is it something I should be concerned about? How long should it take to change the status? 

fyi, we are running R81.10 with JHF 45. They are 2 * 23500 appliances with 15 virtual systems. 

Thanks
Roy

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AmitShmuel
Employee
Employee

Hi Roy,

One reason could be that you are running with a non-default affinity - refer to sk179573.
If it didn't help, feel free to contact me offline @ amitshm@checkpoint.com with relevant debugs:
- $FWDIR/log/dsd.elg
- $FWDIR/log/dynamic_split.elg

Thanks,

Amit

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
AmitShmuel
Employee
Employee

Hi Roy,

One reason could be that you are running with a non-default affinity - refer to sk179573.
If it didn't help, feel free to contact me offline @ amitshm@checkpoint.com with relevant debugs:
- $FWDIR/log/dsd.elg
- $FWDIR/log/dynamic_split.elg

Thanks,

Amit

0 Kudos
Roy_Smith
Collaborator

Amit

I had not found the SK article in my searches but that has solved the issue. Great, thanks.

Roy

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events