Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tony_Graham
Advisor

Device alert logging R81.20

In R81.20, Smart Console>Gateway & Servers> 'Alerts' Tab, what happens with alerts that were popped but are now cleared? I find no record of the event in any logs. Important information being lost if it is not logged anywhere.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
the_rock
Legend
Legend

I had customer ask me this last year, but since TAC case did not help, I did not bother posting on here, but now that you asked, hope someone may know.

Andy

Tony_Graham
Advisor

Funny you replied first because the reason I wanted the past alert message was to update you on what happened with my issue regarding IPS from last week, which is now resolved, but not in a manner you might expect.

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

You can update any time, no charge for that  😉

Andy

0 Kudos
Tony_Graham
Advisor

I wanted to give an accurate portrayal of how it went down but without the alert messages it will be difficult. It's like a Windows user telling you they had an error message but don't know what it said and you can't find anything in the logs...because that never happens.

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

I hear ya...you know famous abbreviation CYA lo. You know what they say, if its not documented, it never happened, though it may have happened...

Andy

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events