Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ikokkoris
Contributor
Jump to solution

Cluster Hotfix Installation

Hello,

We have a Cluster with two gateways in R81.10

Before installing the hotfix to the active member, I want to failover traffic to the Standby member. As I saw this can happen with clusterXL_admin down command to the active member. This command forces to reboot the member or not?

I saw in a post the below 

Worth to mention that issuing command "clusterXL_admin down" on a node will bring node into DOWN state. In order to put it back to STANDBY (to be available for further failover) you need to issue "clusterXL_admin up".

ClusterXL_admin up  makes the node again Active at the cluster state  or makes the member Standby from Down?

Thank you in advance for your responses.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Vincent_Bacher
Advisor
Advisor

There is no reboot at this command.

ClusterXL_admin up  makes the node again Active at the cluster state  or makes the member Standby from Down?

Should be standby. But 2b sure I would consider having a look at the ClusterXL config.

cluster_xl.png

If i am not wrong, with this setting, my answer should be correct. If "Switch to higher priority Cluster Member" is activated AND the affected device is the device with higher prio (on top of the Gateway Cluster members list in the Clusters Members Settings of the Gateway Cluster Properties), it will most likely become active member.

and now to something completely different - CCVS, CCAS, CCTE, CCCS, CCSM elite

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Vincent_Bacher
Advisor
Advisor

There is no reboot at this command.

Should be standby. But 2b sure I would consider having a look at the ClusterXL config.

cluster_xl.png

If i am not wrong, with this setting, my answer should be correct. If "Switch to higher priority Cluster Member" is activated AND the affected device is the device with higher prio (on top of the Gateway Cluster members list in the Clusters Members Settings of the Gateway Cluster Properties), it will most likely become active member.

and now to something completely different - CCVS, CCAS, CCTE, CCCS, CCSM elite
ikokkoris
Contributor

Hi Vincent,

The config is as you mentioned (Maintain current active Cluster Member). So, typing ClusterXL_admin up,  the member will become Standby from Down in my case.

Thank a lot

0 Kudos
ikokkoris
Contributor

Hi again,

The management server can have different hotfix from the gateways or not? The version is the same.

0 Kudos
Chris_Atkinson
Employee Employee
Employee

Yes it can have a different JHF level.

CCSM R77/R80/ELITE
0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

As @Vincent_Bacher that command would simply change cluster state. It never needs a reboot, just make sure when you run clusterXL_admin down to run clusterXL_admin up right after, as that would change the state to standby.

Now, as far as your question for the different hotfixes, yes, absolutely, as long as mgmt server is same OR higher than gateways it manages, hotfix version is irrelevant, though for consistency, its best to keep them all on same jumbo.

Best regards,

Andy

0 Kudos
ikokkoris
Contributor

It worked as you said!!

Thanks a lot.

the_rock
Legend
Legend

Good job!

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events