Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CaseyB
Collaborator

Central Deployment issues with a cluster

Currently running R81.10 Take 87, just upgraded from R81.10 Take 79. Since we have been on R81.10, I have always tried to use the Central Deployment method to upgrade our cluster (ClusterXL). I like it, it is nice.

Both cluster members have had the same recommended jumbo for the last week or so (Take 87). Last night before our maintenance window I made the mistake of running the "verify" option instead of just waiting and doing the "install" option within Central Deployment, doing that caused one of the members to no longer display the same recommended jumbo and now I can no longer upgrade using the Central Deployment method, even though Gaia still recommended Take 87. The verify process did not show any issues.

During the manual upgrade process, it corrected itself, but I wasn't going to change anything at that point. Is there some command I can run to re-evaluate the recommended jumbo or anything? Or can we add a way to bypass the "both cluster members are not aligned to the same jumbo" error message?

A similar issue happened when I was looking to upgrade to Take 79 as well. In that scenario, I was waiting to take a maintenance window until both members showed the same recommendation in Smart Console so I could use the Central Deployment method.

I don't recall any issues upgrading to Take 55 or Take 66.

Thoughts?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

@Tsahi_Etziony can someone on your team investigate?

0 Kudos
Boaz_Orshav
Employee
Employee

Hi

I'm glad that you like this feature although sorry to hear you encountered stability issues. Obviously, the verify should not have such consequences.

As I understand you already installed take 87 manually so in order to understand better it would be great if we could have a short call.

Will appreciate if you can contact me at boazo@checkpoint.com

Thanks

Boaz

0 Kudos
CaseyB
Collaborator

Sounds good, I have reached out via e-mail.

0 Kudos
Sorin_Gogean
Advisor

Hello CaseyB,

Luckily it we did not faced similar issues, as in our cases with GAIA, we're pre-downloading the JHF to the appliance.

In case we don't see the proper recommended JHF in the package list, we either manually upload the package with "Iport Package" or we use "Add Hotfix from Cloud" and import the needed JHF.

Capture.JPG

Thank you,

PS: we'll follow this post and see what was the way to fix the "Central Deployment" missing JHF.
PS2: we wanted to use CDT, but for now it seem to be a bit complicated :(, anyway, if you would tried with "Actions -> Install Hotfix/Jumbo" you could have also being able to select a specific JHF...
JHFUntitled.png

0 Kudos
Boaz_Orshav
Employee
Employee

Hi

Wasn't easy but we found the problematic flow.

The point is that we should allow to continue even if the cluster members report different recommended packages.

Not that important but the flow is that when the Deployment Agent (CPUSE) on the Management is newer then on the Gateway, Central Deployment installs the new version on the gateway which might cause several minutes of missing or wrong reports of the recommended Jumbo.

We will solve this specific flow but more important - allow to use Central Deployment even if the reports are mis-aligned.

Thanks for the cooperation Casey 🙂

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events