Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mrp9ips1
Explorer

CPU monitoring from SolarWinds_with_Types of CPU (FW_Worker or SND)

Hello Techies,

I am exploring an option to see if we have any option in CheckPoint to monitor the CPU usage per types per their functions. Such as, two palattes for CPU usage, one is for all the CPU that works as FW_Workers and other one is for all the CPU works as SND. 

I have the below OID handy but that does not help. Any suggestions are welcomed.

OID: .1.3.6.1.4.1.2620.1.6.7.1.5.0 

CPU usage Overall: procUsage
Per Core: multiProcUsage
.1.3.6.1.4.1.2620.1.6.7.5.1.5.x *
Integer
0-100
Percentage of CPU utilization

0 Kudos
5 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Not sure we export that via SNMP directly.
You could write a script and make it available through a custom MIB. 
I'm pretty sure we make the data available in cpview, but not sure if you can get that data into Solarwinds easily enough.

0 Kudos
Chris_Atkinson
Employee Employee
Employee

On a static system or small scale this could be setup manually. 

Note current versions have a feature know as Dynamic split, when enabled it would likely skew your SNMP monitoring unless trap based. 

CCSM R77/R80/ELITE
0 Kudos
genisis__
Leader Leader
Leader

Agreed Chris - so how would we then monitor virtual system usage via Solarwinds etc?  I totally get the benefit of dynamic split, but it would also be good to see this historically charted/monitored to determine how often cores are being swapped between fwk and SNDs.

This could form the foundation to justify hardware upgrades as the objective of Dyn-split in my mind is to adjust for cpu resource shortage.

0 Kudos
Chris_Atkinson
Employee Employee
Employee

The "Skyline" project might be one method in future:

https://community.checkpoint.com/t5/General-Topics/Skyline-a-new-monitoring-solution-for-Check-Point...

CCSM R77/R80/ELITE
0 Kudos
genisis__
Leader Leader
Leader

I'm pretty sure I've posted some info on this, but more related to PRTG and VSX.

- I monitored fwk processes and SNDs (for CPU utilisation for a Virtual System)

- Concurrent, total and peak connections.

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events