Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Solidor
Participant
Jump to solution

Automatic package for Updatable Object ?

Hi checkmates,

I wanted to use Azure updatable objects for my CloudGuard Gateways, I corrected the package missing thanks to the sk 121877 (https://support.checkpoint.com/results/sk/sk121877) but there's something bothering me. All my CloudGuard Gateways are currently used with Azure Virtual Machine Scale Sets, and I'm afraid that in case of a scale out the new member will not automatically have the last_revision.xml package and the traffic will then be dropped.

Do you know if there's a setting I can set so that the new Gateway automatically have the package updated when the first policy is installed on the gateway ?

I'm planning on adding the command given in sk 121877 somewhere in the script I use for configuring some part of the gateways when they are added to the SMS, but I'll take a better solution if it exists !

Thanks & have a great day on this new year

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

The gateways are supposed to fetch the relevant Updatable Object information directly from the Internet once the policy is installed.
There should be no need to do this.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

The gateways are supposed to fetch the relevant Updatable Object information directly from the Internet once the policy is installed.
There should be no need to do this.

Solidor
Participant

Hi,

I tried multiple scenarios to understand correctly what has happened, and it looks like the 1st member of the VMSS will be updated as soon as the policy is installed, and the other members will be updated 2-3 minutes later.

Checkpoint_CloudGuard_policy-installation-date.PNG

Checkpoint_CloudGuard_member_2.PNG

In that case, there's no need to script it indeed.

Thanks for your confirmation !

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

I can confirm what @PhoneBoy said is indeed correct. Was told same by TAC last year as well.

Best,

Andy

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events