cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RamGuy239
Advisor
Advisor
Jump to solution

All R81.10 images from sk158292: CloudGuard Network for Private Cloud images marked as "EOL"?

Greetings,

I just noticed that all R81.10 images available in sk158292: CloudGuard Network for Private Cloud images mention "EOL":

CloudGuard Network for Private Cloud images (checkpoint.com)

This is the information for CloudGuard R81.10 Security Management for VMware ESXi:

CloudGuard R81.10 Security Management for VMware ESXi

• Size5.7 GB
  • Date Published2022-05-12
  •  
  • ProductCloudGuard Network, vSEC Virtual Edition (VE) (EOL)
  • VersionR81.10
  • PlatformsVMware ESX
  • OSGaia
  • File NameCheck_Point_R81.10_Cloudguard_Security_Management_VE.ova

It's the same for all R80.40 and R81 images. It's only the R81.20 images that do not mention "EOL."

What does this mean? I find this strange, considering R80.40 is not end-of-life/end-of-support until next month (April 2024), while R81 is not end-of-life/end-of-support until October 2024, and R81.10 has quite some time left, not becoming end-of-life/end-of-support until July 2025.

I know R81.20 is considered the "widely recommended version" and thus recommended for deployment on new installations. I just found it strange to find the "EOL" label on all these images. As far as I know, there isn't any difference in the end-of-life/end-of-support lifecycle for vSEC/VEN compared to other installations.

There is no "EOL" label on the R80.40, R81, or R81.10 ISO. Why would there be any difference between using the OVA image for installation on VMware ESXi and using the ISO?

Certifications: CCSA, CCSE, CCSM, CCSM ELITE, CCTA, CCTE, CCVS, CCME
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
_Val_
Admin
Admin

After consulting with the relevant peers, the images were dubbed as "vSEC" which is EOL, and the system automatically added EOL label to it. The issue was cosmetic in nature, and it should be fixed now.

If you find another image erroneously labeled as EOL, please let me know.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
the_rock
Legend
Legend

I noticed it myself yesterday and found it a bit odd as well...

Andy

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

It may very well be an error in how the images were tagged.
Best to address this via TAC.

0 Kudos
_Val_
Admin
Admin

I reached out to the relevant team for clarification. Will keep you posted.

0 Kudos
_Val_
Admin
Admin

After consulting with the relevant peers, the images were dubbed as "vSEC" which is EOL, and the system automatically added EOL label to it. The issue was cosmetic in nature, and it should be fixed now.

If you find another image erroneously labeled as EOL, please let me know.

RamGuy239
Advisor
Advisor

@_Val_ Thank you for the rapid clarification!

Certifications: CCSA, CCSE, CCSM, CCSM ELITE, CCTA, CCTE, CCVS, CCME
0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events