Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
S_E_
Advisor

ASST9999 Timeout waiting for response from database server.

Hi,

on some gateways , a 'show asset all / show lom-info' command results in an error. 

ASST9999 Timeout waiting for response from database server.

Other clish commands work well.

show asset power-supply
Power supply 1 name: Power Supply #1
Power supply 1 status: Up
Power supply 2 name: Power Supply #2
Power supply 2 status: Up

Just to be sure, 'lock database override' has been done. No overload situation.

NO SK available or already fixed in R80.20

No hint in the HF release notes.

R80.40 HF Take 156

Quite a lot with the same hardware/software work properly. Any idea?

It is simply annoying; but not such important to roll out the latest HF to all devices and risk new bugs.

Thanks, Regards

0 Kudos
11 Replies
Bob_Zimmerman
Authority
Authority

It's possible the LOM card has crashed and attempting to get information from it is timing out. Try rebooting it like so:

service ipmi start
ipmitool bmc reset cold
service ipmi stop

If that doesn't help, maybe try entirely unplugging one of the boxes from power for ~20 seconds and plugging it back in.

S_E_
Advisor

Hi,

LOM reset did not help. But LOM config seems now to be gone. As soon LOM reacts again, It might be a try to update LOM since asssume this is LOM  version 0.39. But to my knowledge LOM update can only be done when LOM is working and reachable via browser.  At least I do not know a way to upgrade LOM vis CPUSE / autoupdater

service ipmi start
ipmitool bmc reset cold
service ipmi stop

...unplugging one of the boxes from power .. is a bigger issue since they are 'live' and remote

Nevertheless, Thanks

Regards

0 Kudos
AaronCP
Advisor

I've had the same issue recently and the only way we could resolve it was as @Bob_Zimmerman mentioned, to shutdown the gateway and remove both power cables for at least a minute. After reconnecting the power cables & powering on the gateway, the LOM was response again.

0 Kudos
AaronCP
Advisor

responsive*

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Hey mate @AaronCP , long time no see, or as good old Clark Griswold would say "Long time never seen" haha. Btw, you should watch that movie, its pretty funny : - )

National Lampoon's European Vacation

I see the point you are making, I also had customer tell me while back thats also what they had to do in order to get the issue solved.

Cheers and stay safe.

Andy ✌️

0 Kudos
Bob_Zimmerman
Authority
Authority

It's theoretically possible to update the LOM firmware through the main OS, but I don't know if Check Point specifically has that ability. If you're absolutely sure the box has LOM, and the LOM has wedged so thoroughly that a cold reset via ipmitool doesn't help, you definitely need to power-cycle it.

0 Kudos
S_E_
Advisor

Hi,

yes all our devices do have LOM and it was setup and tested initially.

Yes, in this case I will raise TAC cases for all devices ( CheckPoint OnSite Support)

Thanks

Regards

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

If LOM web UI works, you can try update the firmware by using appropriate image from below link. I did that for customer recently and thats what fixed the issue.

Andy

https://supportcenter.checkpoint.com/supportcenter/portal?eventSubmit_doGoviewsolutiondetails=&solut...

0 Kudos
T_E
Participant

I have the same problem with 4 FW clusters. After the update from R81 Jumbo XX to Jumbo 81 and a certain system runtime, the LOM can also no longer be queried

However, this also leads to errors in the SNMP query of interfaces ("SNMP not responding") with simultaneous show-assets-all

The error does not occur with other SW versions (R81 Jumbo 52, R81.10, R80.30).

Case is open, current statement: Please poweroff all FWs for 5 minutes

The topic is rather a SW error?

0 Kudos
genisis__
Leader Leader
Leader

Had this problem a few times now, on the older LOM card,  basically switchoff the appliance, pull plugs so power is drained, etc. If this does not work its an RMA.

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

100% agree, that seems to be the best approach.

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events