Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Martin_Raska
Advisor
Advisor

Wifi interuption

Hello,

how to troubleshoot random disconnects and interruptions on 730 appliance, last firmware.

Where to look? Some logs etc. I can't find any relevant SKs or how to troubleshoot when the client is connected but no traffic passes, when do reconnect everything works normally again. This kind of issue happens only on CP Wifi appliance.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Chris_Atkinson
Employee Employee
Employee

Is it for a specific device such as a phone or all devices at the same time, are there DHCP reservations for affected devices?

Are you using auto-channel settings for the WiFi or are you specifying one?

CCSM R77/R80/ELITE
0 Kudos
Martin_Raska
Advisor
Advisor

I will check with the customer for the exact configuration.

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Does the WiFi remain connected?
What precise methods are you using to troubleshoot?

0 Kudos
Martin_Raska
Advisor
Advisor

that's I am asking, how to troubleshoot on CP. On laptop just normal IT things, restart adapter, reconnect, wireshark, update drivers. etc.

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

The underlying OS is Linux-based, so you can use whatever tools are available there (from Expert mode).
Our OS is embedded, so the tools might be different.
There have been issues in the past that required driver updates, so you may want to open a TAC case.

If you're using automatic channel configuration, try manual since the automatic channel configuration only happens on initial boot and not continuously.
See: https://supportcenter.checkpoint.com/supportcenter/portal?eventSubmit_doGoviewsolutiondetails=&solut... 

0 Kudos
Hugo_vd_Kooij
Advisor

If wired connections are fine but wireless is an issue you need wireless expertise to troubleshoot. I recall various things that will kill wireless connections. Like:

• tinfoil in walls for insulation. Makes for weird reflections or simply blocks you signal. You need a construction company to solve that kind of stuff.
  • Too many other wireless access point in the area. And preferably on odd channels so they ruin everything.
  • Heavy machinery may cause disruptive fields or spikes that will cause trouble.
  • Poor placing of your 730. Wired stuff you want in closet and out of sight. Wireless stuff you need to see.

We used to have a special rig for this to actual monitor the whole spectrum. A laptop, some software and a special wireless  sniffer that would show you a lot of these issues.

<< We make miracles happen while you wait. The impossible jobs take just a wee bit longer. >>
0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events