Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LM-Rafael
Explorer
Jump to solution

Two basic questions

Hi all,

i have a Checkpoint 1550 and i use the webinterface for configuration my appliance. 

How do I know if I can connect them to the cloud to manage them centrally? So that I have the license?

Is there a possibility of advanced configuration? I read about Smartconsole but I can't get it installed and I can't connect to the appliance. What are the options here and how are they configured?

Sorry but i'm new to checkpoint.

Thanks

Rafael

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Chris_Atkinson
Employee Employee
Employee

By default a 1500 will come with a license for SMP which is cloud hosted and web based.

All other central management types requires a seperate license e.g. Smart-1 Cloud or NGSM (Azure/AWS etc) - These commonly use SmartConsole.

CCSM R77/R80/ELITE

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Chris_Atkinson
Employee Employee
Employee

By default a 1500 will come with a license for SMP which is cloud hosted and web based.

All other central management types requires a seperate license e.g. Smart-1 Cloud or NGSM (Azure/AWS etc) - These commonly use SmartConsole.

CCSM R77/R80/ELITE
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Agree with Chris, you can definitely manage it with smart-1 cloud instance, if thats what you are referring to. Otherwise, you still need a license, regardless if its cloud or on-prem management. In all honesty, I strongly recommend cloud instance, as if anyone makes a mistake inadvertently, you can make change on the portal from anywhere in the world to fix it.

One downside to it used to be support, as 2-3 years ago, TAC would usually have to contact R&D to fix any a bit more complicated issue with the cloud mgmt (as there is no ssh access to the customer), but now that clients do have ability to restart the instance themselves, it makes it much better, for sure.

All in all, cloud is what everyone will be going to eventually (ok, no pun intended lol)

Cheers.

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Other than a few specific models that are no longer sold (the 600, 700, and 910 series), SMB appliances can be centrally managed with Smart-1 Cloud, or an on-prem Security Management Server.
SmartConsole connects either to Smart-1 Cloud or an on-prem SMS.
Both of these options require additional licensing.

1500/1600/1800 series appliances include a license for SMP, which can manage any SMB appliance from the cloud.
You can register for your own instance by following the instructions here: https://supportcenter.checkpoint.com/supportcenter/portal?eventSubmit_doGoviewsolutiondetails=&solut...
For other models, SMP support can be purchased separately for a nominal fee.

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events