Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
arsathparves
Contributor
Jump to solution

Quantum Spark 1600 Zone based Routing

Hi Checkmates 

I have 3 WAN links A,B & C so what I'm looking to do is keep WAN A & B in a single network group or Zone and route all traffic through them and if incase a link or both WAN links goes down failover happens to WAN C or load shares with the available link , is this possible in R80 or R81 embedded Gaia locally managed SMB 1600 appliance ?

#SMB 1600 R80.20 R81.10

0 Kudos
3 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Chris_Atkinson
Employee Employee
Employee

You can set a weight when in load-sharing mode.

Additionally you can also bond interfaces, what type of links/interfaces are they?

CCSM R77/R80/ELITE

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Chris_Atkinson
Employee Employee
Employee

Will likely depend on the link type... per the admin guide:

Link aggregation (Bond) - Create a link between two or more interfaces. This improves performance and redundancy by increasing the network throughput and bandwidth. A WAN or LAN bond can act like a regular internet connection in the cluster flow. A WAN bond in a cluster can be a monitoring interface.

Source: https://sc1.checkpoint.com/documents/SMB_R80.20.40/AdminGuides/Locally_Managed/EN/Topics/Configuring... 

CCSM R77/R80/ELITE

0 Kudos
Chris_Atkinson
Employee Employee
Employee

Further granularity may be possible pending the future release of SD-WAN, if you have specific requirements I suggest discussing them with your local Check Point SE who can raise any applicable RFEs that might be needed.

CCSM R77/R80/ELITE

5 Replies
Chris_Atkinson
Employee Employee
Employee

You can set a weight when in load-sharing mode.

Additionally you can also bond interfaces, what type of links/interfaces are they?

CCSM R77/R80/ELITE
0 Kudos
arsathparves
Contributor

yes I'm able to set weight for load sharing but my doubt was when is keep the Load sharing mode instead of HA mode all the 3 links are sharing the load that why I want to zone/group WAN A & B together so that I can keep them as active link and keep WAN C as failover link.

Is it possible to Bond WAN interfaces ?  on WAN port I have ISP A and DMZ port I have ISP B I can bond them ?

0 Kudos
Chris_Atkinson
Employee Employee
Employee

Will likely depend on the link type... per the admin guide:

Link aggregation (Bond) - Create a link between two or more interfaces. This improves performance and redundancy by increasing the network throughput and bandwidth. A WAN or LAN bond can act like a regular internet connection in the cluster flow. A WAN bond in a cluster can be a monitoring interface.

Source: https://sc1.checkpoint.com/documents/SMB_R80.20.40/AdminGuides/Locally_Managed/EN/Topics/Configuring... 

CCSM R77/R80/ELITE
0 Kudos
arsathparves
Contributor

Ok I will check this out and update the result but we can't group or zone the WAN interfaces together and create policies with them.

0 Kudos
Chris_Atkinson
Employee Employee
Employee

Further granularity may be possible pending the future release of SD-WAN, if you have specific requirements I suggest discussing them with your local Check Point SE who can raise any applicable RFEs that might be needed.

CCSM R77/R80/ELITE

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events