Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Michael_Cholach
Explorer

Product Key

I just received a safe@office 500W that I purchased on E-bay.  The device shipped with an admin password that was not provided, and I had to or mistakenly did a factory reset on the device.  It is no asking me for a product key that was not provided by the seller.  Can someone help me with what I must do to get this unit operational?

I am new to firewalls, been a LAN/WAN engineer for many years and not allowed to play in the firewall sandbox, so I want to build my skill set on my own.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Jeff_Engel
Employee
Employee

Hi Michael,

Do you have access to VMware Workstation or VirtualBox?  Learning our latest and greatest is probably easiest via VMs using one of these or another virtual platform.

The Safe box is likely no longer supported.

Please let us know if you want help downloading eval software and licensing.

BR!

Jeff

0 Kudos
Michael_Cholach
Explorer

I may have a device that will run virtual box.  failed on the first PC I tried it on due to a hardware limitation.  I would like to get the safe@office working if possible.  Is there no way to get a product key for it?

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

For learning purposes, you would be better off downloading a trial of our software and loading it in a VM: Try Our Products | Check Point Software 

The Safe@Office 500W is a legacy, end of life product that bears little resemblance to our modern product offerings.

It contains some basic firewall and networking functions but not much in the way of next generation firewall capabilities or threat prevention capabilities.

As for getting the product key, you can try checking with Account Services: Contact Account Services | Check Point Software 

However, since you are not the original purchaser and I assume the eBay seller did not work with Account Services to transfer ownership to you, you may be out of luck.

0 Kudos
Miri_Ofir
Employee
Employee

default password for safe@office is password

0 Kudos
Hugo_vd_Kooij
Advisor

That box has very little value as a means of learning things.

<< We make miracles happen while you wait. The impossible jobs take just a wee bit longer. >>
0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events