cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MrDazana
Contributor
Jump to solution

Odd behavior using pppoe on Fibre

I own 2 checkpoints and both are doing this. (1530/1570)

Running R81.10 (996000575) on both

While using the PPPoE for WAN,  Some sites are not coming up and some applications are timing out when trying to connect. This is not happening if I switch WAN to DHCP and use the ISP modem as a router. Can't see anything in the logs

I tried setting the MTU to 1492. Done a factory reset on both devices, factory reset on the ISP modem. If I  use the built in PPPoE windows adapter from a laptop, I do not have this issue  so everything is pointing to the check point firewall. 

Thoughts ?

0 Kudos
3 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Chris_Atkinson
Employee Employee
Employee

Potentially you will need to enable MSS clamping per sk121114.

CCSM R77/R80/ELITE

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
MrDazanaCom
Participant

Update 2. My ISP did a firmware update to the modem after chatting about my  issue to tech who works there.  After the update , I didn't have to use the solution above on both SMB firmware but I did have to set the MTU on the PPPoE and LAN network.

Now back on R81.10  Hope this helps others with simular issue

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Chris_Atkinson
Employee Employee
Employee

Potentially you will need to enable MSS clamping per sk121114.

CCSM R77/R80/ELITE
0 Kudos
MrDazana
Contributor

Do you have a direct link to that? can't find anything using the search box above. 

thanks

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin
0 Kudos
(1)
MrDazana
Contributor

This totally fixed it it ! thanks 

0 Kudos
Chris_Atkinson
Employee Employee
Employee

Note: The search box above is limited to the community and not the knowledge base / support center.

CCSM R77/R80/ELITE
0 Kudos
MrDazana
Contributor

I did select the knowledge base and came back with 0 results. searched for sk121114

0 Kudos
Chris_Atkinson
Employee Employee
Employee

Strange it's searchable for me both via Google & supportcenter using that reference.

CCSM R77/R80/ELITE
0 Kudos
MrDazana
Contributor

Adding an update to this issue. I reverted back to factory firmware and setting which is  R80.20.15 (992001653) on both my 1530 and 1570. I did not have to enable MSS clamping but I did have to set the MTU to 1492 on the WAN, VLANs & LAN side.

0 Kudos
MrDazanaCom
Participant

Update 2. My ISP did a firmware update to the modem after chatting about my  issue to tech who works there.  After the update , I didn't have to use the solution above on both SMB firmware but I did have to set the MTU on the PPPoE and LAN network.

Now back on R81.10  Hope this helps others with simular issue

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events