cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Marcovb
Participant
Participant

IPS updates on 1500 appliances

I'm confused how the IPS updates work on a centrally managed 1500.

In my SMS I see that a lot of my Quantum Spark 1500 appliances have outdated IPS signatures

ipsoutdated.png

When I perform an IPS update on the SMS and install the (TP) policy it does not change.

But, it's very confusing to find out which IPS package is actually running on the gateway.

When I click on the "more details" link in the screenshot above, I see that 635218368 is available.
When I click on the device information tab in the SMS I see that 635217957 is installed.
When I check "ips stat" on the gateway itself I see that 635218359 is installed.

Why won't the IPS package update, and why does the SMS not know which version is installed on the gateway?

I've read that from R80.20+ gateways update themselves instead of via the SMS but I'm not sure if this is also the case for the SMB appliances.

Hopefully someone can help me out!

Regards, Marco

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Tal_Paz-Fridman
Employee
Employee

In the Install Policy window you can add a column showing the Installed IPS Version on each target. Perhaps this could help?

Installed IPS Version.jpg

0 Kudos
Marcovb
Participant
Participant

Unfortunately not, I have just performed another IPS update and installed it on all gateways, but its very random:

ipsoutdated1.png

In the IPS update menu it still says 70 gateways out of date.

0 Kudos
Tal_Paz-Fridman
Employee
Employee

Hi

Do you know how the Security Gateways receive their update - from the Security Management or directy?

IPS Policy.jpg

0 Kudos
Marcovb
Participant
Participant

Hi,

Thanks for your replies.
I wasn't aware of this option. It is set to "the gateway automatically updates.."

So in that case it is not needed for me to update the IPS policy in the management server and then push policy, correct?

That makes it even more interesting why the latest update is not installed on the gateway, and why the SMS thinks a different version is installed than the GW.

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events