cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bärbel
Participant

Difference between /pfrm2.0/config1 and /pfrm2.0/config2

Hello CheckMates,

I'm trying to reset Expert-Mode passwords according to sk106025. While I found the file /pfrm2.0/config1/expert_pass_ on most of our SMB appliances there is one appliance (1800 running R80.20.40 - Build 665) whith the file expert_pass_ in /pfrm2.0/config2.

What is the difference between /pfrm2.0/config1 and /pfrm2.0/config2?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
4 Replies
_Val_
Admin
Admin

AFAIK, config1 is for OS settings, and config2 is for applications. Howe the exposer_pass_ file got there, it is a mystery for me. 

Are those appliances all on the same firmware version? That might be a factor.

Bärbel
Participant

Same firmware version. On one cluster member the files are in config1, on the other cluster member in config2.

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Im fairly certain @_Val_ is correct. I remember customer asking TAC before the same question and thats pretty much what they told them. I also vaguely recall they mentioned that in config1 file, you could modify implied rules and some other config and config2 had some disk space configuration. Dont quote me on it, but Im about 90% sure.

Maybe below link also helps you.

https://community.checkpoint.com/t5/SMB-Gateways-Spark/Changing-implied-rules-def-on-locally-managed...

0 Kudos
Bärbel
Participant

I don't think so. On the affected device the directory /pfrm2.0/config1/ is empty but /pfrm2.0/config2/ is populated with files like:

expert_pass_
passwd
shadow
system.db

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events