Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jerry
Mentor
Mentor

1470 running R77.20 in HA? Have you done this?

hi guys

have any of you done the HA on 1470s running 77.20 Embedded Gaia?

asking purely because I'm about to deliver one, just finishing policy crafting but ...

I know it is like 2 1470's done separately but due to the missing ClusterXL the deployment seem to be unique and very custom, any ideas or roadblocks experienced yourself?

Cheers

Jerry
0 Kudos
8 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Self managed ones?
Centrally managed ones use regular ClusterXL.
0 Kudos
Jerry
Mentor
Mentor

yup, Centrally managed and licensed 

embarassed now, didn't know those smb creatuers can acttually run CXL on it ... 😞 shame on me

anything else I need to know ?

Jerry
0 Kudos
HristoGrigorov

When centrally managed SecureXL on SMB works same way as on their big R77 brothers. However Load-Sharing is not supported. I use VMAC mode and it works very well too.

0 Kudos
Jerry
Mentor
Mentor

Thanks Hristo

unfortunately I am well aware of LS and have no intention to use it nor VMAC as the template I'm about to deploy with no CDT obvoiusly does not include that cool stuff either, however the HA is gonna be fun as most of the stuff (underlayer) you do via autoscript.clish then when it is up you play in the "browser" with all other stuff - quite funny deployment - I did 1470 and 1550 in a single mode but never in HA hence my concerns, was hoping you guys can share some stories about such stuff 🙂

Cheers

Jerry

Jerry
0 Kudos
HristoGrigorov

I do not have experience with CDT but the cluster functionality on my centrally managed 1470 toys always worked very well and I had no issues with it at all other then when system load is very high it may sometimes (not always) fail-over to other member.

0 Kudos
Jerry
Mentor
Mentor

Thanks a bunch!
Jerry
0 Kudos
Pedro_Espindola
Advisor

If centrally managed, HA is the same as other appliances.

Just don't use VMAC if your gateways are not updated to one of the newer versions. There was some huge bug in older versions (I think around R77.20.75) which caused kernel panic whenever you made any network change while VMAC was on. This might be the case with the shipped version, so it is best to upgrade. It is solved now.

0 Kudos
Jerry
Mentor
Mentor

Thanks. Points taken 🙂
Jerry
0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events