Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Check Point Launches Game-Changing SASE Solution: Delivering 2x Faster Internet Security

Today, we've launched Quantum SASE, integrating technologies from newly acquired Perimeter 81. This integrated offering addresses organizations’ needs for a unified user experience, simplified Secure Access Service Edge (SASE) management, and a fast, secure browsing experience. It enhances the company’s Infinity architecture with a unified SASE solution offering (1) 2x faster internet security, (2) full mesh Zero Trust Access, and (3) Secured SD-WAN with industry-leading threat prevention. This underscores Check Point’s leadership in advanced cloud security.

This forum will, of course, be the place to discuss Quantum SASE and Perimeter 81.

13 Replies
Danny
Champion Champion
Champion

I spoke to Stefan Schweizer (VP Sales DACH of P81) today. I‘m looking forward to get onboarded to Check Point‘s exiting new solution as soon as possible.

(1)
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Exciting news.

0 Kudos
ram_avala
Participant

How is it different from  harmony connect?

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

It's an entirely different solution that serves similar use cases to Harmony Connect but does it using completely different infrastructure than Harmony Connect, which we also announced the End of Sale for: https://support.checkpoint.com/results/sk/sk181531 
You can see some differences between the two solutions in the following tables:

Quantum SASE Private Access

Harmony Connect RA

Platform support

Windows, Mac, iOS, Linux, Android

Windows, Mac

Connectivity options

Full mesh connectivity – User to app, user to DC, DC to DC, etc.

User to app, User to DC

Device Posture

Periodically, per user/group

Only prior to the connection, per tenant

Context-aware agentless access

Date & Time, IP, country, browser, OS

No

Privately owned PoPs

Yes. A mix of private and public cloud.

No

Requires connector for cloud platforms

No

Yes

Wireguard support

Yes

No

Number of PoPs

Quantum SASE Internet Access

Harmony Connect IA

Hybrid solution

Yes, combines on-device and cloud-based SWG.

No. Cloud-based only.

Fast browsing

Due to on-device SWG which enables direct to Internet access without routing through a cloud service.

Requires routing traffic via a cloud service.

Localization accuracy

Accurate localized web content

Inaccurate and unpredictable localized web content

Privacy

SSL decryption and inspection performed only on device.

SSL decryption and inspection performed in uncontrolled location in the cloud.

Harmony Connect does have a few features not present in Quantum SASE at present and we are working to close those gaps over the coming months.
This includes integration with Infinity Portal, which is in progress.

Tom_Hinoue
Advisor
Advisor

Can you share what exact features in Harmony Connect is not available in Quantum SASE at the moment...?

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

The missing features are largely related to Threat Prevention and Infinity Portal integration, as far as I know.

Tom_Hinoue
Advisor
Advisor

Understood thanks 🙂

0 Kudos
ram_avala
Participant

Thanks for your reply. This is very helpful. Is there any courses planned for quantam SASE? I’ve already completed sales certification and technical certification recently from perimeter 81 partner portal. 

0 Kudos
Lzm
Collaborator

the_rock
Legend
Legend

I also saw this sk just few hours ago, shows it was published October 10th.

0 Kudos
ram_avala
Participant

Yeah, just saw the sk posted by phoneboy, that’s why I’ve edited my reply. Appreciate your prompt response.

0 Kudos
ikafka
Collaborator

Hi,

I will be presenting to the customer next week. Are we continuing with the current Product Sales Material presentations or will an updated presentation file bu published?

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Customer-facing presentations for Quantum SASE are available in our Partner community under Master Our Solutions.

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events