Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
innesst
Explorer

Windows VPN using Capsule - Required certificate is not within its validity period

Starting Monday September 6, 2021, I am getting the following error when I try to log in using the windows VPN system. I have successfully logged in this way for years. If I turn the system clock on my computer back to September 5, I can log in, but it disconnects when I set the clock to the correct date.

A required certificate is not within its validity period when verifying against the current system clock of the timestamp in the signed file. (Excep_FromHResult 0x800B0101)

I tried uninstalling and re-installing the capsule, but there is no change.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Certificates have a particular validity period and if you are outside the validity period, the certificate is not treated as valid.
It's not something you can fix on your end, the site you are connecting to will have to update the certificate.

0 Kudos
innesst
Explorer

That makes sense, thank you. However, I can log in to the same VPN address both using SecurRemote and SSL Network Extender (going to the website on internet explorer) with no issues at all. Do either / both of these use a different certificate? I note that the fingerprint is the same for both Capsule and SecurRemote, but different for SSL Network Extender.

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Possibly a different certificate, but it should be the same source (Internal CA).
Either way, it's not something you can fix on your end.
A TAC case will probably be necessary to investigate further.

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events