Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hash1
Contributor

VPN taking up to 30 minutes to ask for my token password

My VPN used to work fine for over 2 years, but now when I try to connect to my VPN Site, my client stays kinda frozen por around 20 minutes and then asks for me token password. I type it in... more slowness and I see the connection proccess stuck at 47% until I get an error.
After that, I try again which instantly connects like it used to.
This happens every single time I reboot my PC.

I've tried to uninstall which also takes more than 20 minutes stuck in the last 6 seconds part. Or if I already connected before in that "boot", then the uninstall proccess will be really quick as expected.
I've tried restoring my windows to a week prior to the problem with no success.
I tried installing different versions, but even in 85.00 the problem is still there.

Can anybody help me fix this? It seems like it's having some trouble getting a specific module or something from windows to load properly and it stays there trying (?) for a while...
I can provide any logs if needed or open a TAC. But I'm hoping it's a simple problem easy to fix that I've not figured it out yet.

Thanks,

0 Kudos
6 Replies
_Val_
Admin
Admin

Please open a TAC request. Also, check with your IT guys if any change was done that could trigger this.

0 Kudos
Hash1
Contributor

Ironically, I'm the IT guy. We've haven't changed anything in VPN in the last 6 months or so.

I'll open a TAC soon then.

0 Kudos
_Val_
Admin
Admin

Fair enough. It was not obvious from your post 🙂

Good luck with that support call, and please post the root cause when you find it.

0 Kudos
_Val_
Admin
Admin

One more question - does the user you are login with on Windows have admin rights?

0 Kudos
Hash1
Contributor

Yes sir.

_Val_
Admin
Admin

Good, that eliminates one particular case I was thinking about. Please mention that in your SR with TAC, that will help them too

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events