Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hash1
Contributor

VPN taking up to 30 minutes to ask for my token password

My VPN used to work fine for over 2 years, but now when I try to connect to my VPN Site, my client stays kinda frozen por around 20 minutes and then asks for me token password. I type it in... more slowness and I see the connection proccess stuck at 47% until I get an error.
After that, I try again which instantly connects like it used to.
This happens every single time I reboot my PC.

I've tried to uninstall which also takes more than 20 minutes stuck in the last 6 seconds part. Or if I already connected before in that "boot", then the uninstall proccess will be really quick as expected.
I've tried restoring my windows to a week prior to the problem with no success.
I tried installing different versions, but even in 85.00 the problem is still there.

Can anybody help me fix this? It seems like it's having some trouble getting a specific module or something from windows to load properly and it stays there trying (?) for a while...
I can provide any logs if needed or open a TAC. But I'm hoping it's a simple problem easy to fix that I've not figured it out yet.

Thanks,

0 Kudos
6 Replies
_Val_
Admin
Admin

Please open a TAC request. Also, check with your IT guys if any change was done that could trigger this.

0 Kudos
Hash1
Contributor

Ironically, I'm the IT guy. We've haven't changed anything in VPN in the last 6 months or so.

I'll open a TAC soon then.

0 Kudos
_Val_
Admin
Admin

Fair enough. It was not obvious from your post 🙂

Good luck with that support call, and please post the root cause when you find it.

0 Kudos
_Val_
Admin
Admin

One more question - does the user you are login with on Windows have admin rights?

0 Kudos
Hash1
Contributor

Yes sir.

_Val_
Admin
Admin

Good, that eliminates one particular case I was thinking about. Please mention that in your SR with TAC, that will help them too

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

Tue 23 Apr 2024 @ 11:00 AM (EDT)

East US: What's New in R82

Thu 25 Apr 2024 @ 11:00 AM (SGT)

APAC: CPX 2024 Recap

Tue 30 Apr 2024 @ 03:00 PM (CDT)

EMEA: CPX 2024 Recap

Thu 02 May 2024 @ 11:00 AM (SGT)

APAC: What's new in R82

Tue 23 Apr 2024 @ 11:00 AM (EDT)

East US: What's New in R82

Thu 25 Apr 2024 @ 11:00 AM (SGT)