cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jorgemsassuncao
Contributor
Jump to solution

Unable to print to an Epson TM-U230 printer over IP with VPN On

I have a problem that is, when the customer is outside the company and has the VPN turned on, he cannot print to an Epson TM-U230 printer, which is a receipt printer and is connected to the office by IP.
When trying to PING it does not respond and access to the printer's web page does not work either.

With the rest of the network printers in the office, it is possible to PING or access the web settings page.

This situation only happens outside the company, inside it is possible to PING and communicate with the configuration page.

The existing gateway is a 1570 and the VPN configured is through Check Point VPN clients and with Check Point Clients installed.

Can someone help me?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jorgemsassuncao
Contributor

Hello @PhoneBoy 
My problem was a simple thing and I didn't remember to confirm.
The printer's Gateway was pointing to the domain server and not to the FW.
As soon as I changed it, users connected via VPN started communicating with the printer.
How embarrassing...

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Just to make certain I'm understading:

• The printer is on-prem behind a 1570
  • The remote user is connecting via VPN
  • The user is unable to ping the printer or access it

Is the printer's IP address part of the Encryption Domain?
Or, if this is a locally managed 1570, can you confirm that the 1570 can reach the printer directly with ping or similar?

0 Kudos
jorgemsassuncao
Contributor

Hello @PhoneBoy 

• The printer is on-prem behind a 1570 - Yes, is behind the 1570
  • The remote user is connecting via VPN - Is connecting through VPN and is a AD user
  • The user is unable to ping the printer or access it - Yes, cannot ping or access this specific printer (ticket printer 80mm), but it has access to all other "normal" printers.

Or, if this is a locally managed 1570, can you confirm that the 1570 can reach the printer directly with ping or similar?

It's a locally manage 1570 and from the 1570 i can ping this printer with no problem.

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Have you done any tcpdumps on the gateway when the user is attempting to ping the printer from the VPN?
Do you see any logs that the user is attempting to access this printer over the VPN?

0 Kudos
jorgemsassuncao
Contributor

No, from the security logs i can't see the user trying to access the printer.

0 Kudos
jorgemsassuncao
Contributor

Hello @PhoneBoy 
My problem was a simple thing and I didn't remember to confirm.
The printer's Gateway was pointing to the domain server and not to the FW.
As soon as I changed it, users connected via VPN started communicating with the printer.
How embarrassing...

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events